I forgot my password

Memorandums
"Earth's Mightiest Heroes" is shutting its doors here and moving to a different host. The new site can be found HERE. The admins want to thank everyone who made EMH amazing and gave us wonderful memories and fantastic rp adventures. We hope to see you on the new site! Members can still log in and get their stuff if they need.

To our wonderful affiliates: we will be re-adding you on the new site. Please bear with us :)
Messages From Midgard
Affiliates

Member Sites

Sister Sites
WONT BACK DOWNAvengers RisingSHIELD RISES !X-Men/Avengers Roleplay

Sites We <3

If Just For Another Job... // Rose

View previous topic View next topic Go down

If Just For Another Job... // Rose

Post by Cade Foster on Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:31 am

~~~~~~~~~
And I'm not sleeping now,
the dark is too hard
to beat

~~~~~~~~~~

It was a regular spring day. For most human beings.

But only one of them tried desperately not to stand out as a suspicious one.

It was a man dressed nearly all black, head to toe.
The rare gleam of sun occasionally reflected off his well-worn leather jacket that now looked more gray than shining black it once used to.
His dark blue t-shirt was rather form-fitting underneath the leather.
Then came the also-very-well-used jeans. They looked the most suffered through whatever the owner of them had put them through.
The only 'fairly new' items of this guy's outfit were dark brown hiking boots he wore. And if not a bit of dust they'd look almost right out of the shop.

He was standing in the shadows by the roadside, near river Thames, that led past a supermarket.
There was a certain stance in the man's pose and something that only a fellow would recognize.

He was observing a crowd. People looking like tourists but who knew. Anyone could be anything. Disguised and discreet.

But the ash blonde knew better than to trust the looks. He simply had to see for the classic signs of confirmation of his suspicions.

~~~~~~~~~
You show the lights that stop me turn to stone
You shine it when I'm alone

~~~~~~~~~
★★★
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Notes:

~~~~~~~~~~

Last edited by Cade Foster on Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:24 pm; edited 3 times in total
Cade Foster

£ : 7567

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: If Just For Another Job... // Rose

Post by Rose Trodaire on Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:51 pm

- - - - - - - - - -
holy water can't help you now
A THOUSAND ARMIES COULDN'T KEEP ME OUT
- - - - - - - - - -
The bleak Spring sun peeked through the fluffy clouds, lending some warmth through the crowds below. Crowds were rushing this way and that, cars zoomed past, various sirens wailed. London was in its usual busy repertoire. A lone figure walked through the crowds, characterized only by the red hood she wore, the bright red standing out in the sea of blacks and browns. Had it not been for the hood, she would have blended perfectly in with the rest of the crowd. But Rose wasn't one to give much thought to blending, not unless the mission specifically required it.

She was dressed in a white blouse, a red corset cinching her waist on top. Black figure-hugging jeans were tucked into black knee-high boots, on the inside of which a sheath containing a silver dagger was attached. On top of this all, she wore her a red cloak, lined on the inside to give its wearer more warmth. A small leather pouch hung from her waist, containing bottles of holy water and salt. No such thing as too careful in this job. Though she usually carried her gun with her, today it was left in her car. Roaming the busy streets with a gun holstered to her thigh was not a very incognito look.

Rose stopped, looking out at the Thames with a grim expression. She was tired and she really wanted to go home. She needed a hot bath and a long sleep; the last hunt had taken more out of her than she would have liked. But she wasn't quite done yet. There'd been murmurs of more demon sightings in London center, so while she was here she figured she might as well take a look. Her green eyes scanned the crowds for anyone acting erratically, before  the huntress's gaze finally came to rest on an ash-blonde male. He was scanning the crowd intently, but what was he scanning for? He had the classic look of a Hunter - a worn leather jacket (why hunters liked them so much she would never understand), worn jeans and hiking boots, perfect for every and all terrain. She wondered if he really was a hunter or not, and if so, if he was hunting the same

Sauntering over, she gave a smile in greeting. "Wonderful weather we're having. Makes me glad that I've got the day off." She wasn't about to ask just yet what he did, or subtly try and reveal what she did herself. See how the conversation played out and then ease into it. "How's your day been going?"

- - - - - - - - - -
don't want your money, don't want your crown
SEE I'VE COME TO BURN YOUR KINGDOM DOWN
- - - - - - - - - -
STATUS``: active
TAGGED``: cade <3
OUTFIT``: black knee-high lace-up boots with a dagger sheath strapped onto the inside, black jeans tucked into the boots, white blouse, red corset, leather pouch, and red cape
NOTES``: ---
LYRICS``: seven devils by florence and the machine
CREDIT``: made by TAYLYNOSAURUS REX! of caution 2.0. with a zillion and one edits by CALYPSO
Rose Trodaire
Tsaritsa of Shipping

£ : 5818

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cade Foster on Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:56 pm

~~~~~~~~~~~~
I never thought that you and I would ever
meet again

~~~~~~~~~~~

Cade Foster, to regular society known as a security salesman, and to his colleagues as his boss' least favorite employee, was now doing what he once thought was impossible to return to.
He was himself again.
The leather and jeans clad stranger had finally taken up on his near-natural calling from past and returned to being a Hunter.
For now a part time though.

Foster had taken up to his sister's expressive eyes full of pleading and stayed home. He'd stopped being what he used to be partly because of his damaged health (and God only knows what had happened to him) and partly because of Michelle. She needed her big brother despite her looks, and he promised to be there for her and their two doggies.

A slight breeze of wind blew in his face. A rustle of old, fallen leaves reached his ears.

And suddenly a voice next to him, speaking to him.
Cade turned to a woman. A fairly beautiful one at that. Also dressed slightly outstanding compared to the regular folks slinking around in worn out sweatpants and oversized shirts.

"Yeah, I can agree to that. Weather today is splendid." Cade replied to her with a casual grin. "May day's been certainly fine, miss. Being outdoors is why people don't want to face long hours at office." he said carefully, like old times.
Lately his rambling with strangers had gotten out of control, now was time for that Hunter part of him rule the day, he'd decided when sneaked out in the morning.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
I mourn the loss of you sometimes and pray for peace within
~~~~~~~~~~~

★★★
~~~~~~~~~~
Notes:

~~~~~~~~~~
Cade Foster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose Trodaire on Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:05 am

- - - - - - - - - -
holy water can't help you now
A THOUSAND ARMIES COULDN'T KEEP ME OUT
- - - - - - - - - -
Now that she was up close, Rose quickly gave the man a once over. Her Hunter-radar was slowly beginning to ping, however, that particular radar had been known to be wrong. Just because he looked like almost half the hunters she had met over the years didn't mean he was one. The man might just have a penchant for leather jackets, worn jeans, and hiking boots. Actually finding out whether he was one or not would take some slyness.  

She laughed at his words, nodding in agreement. "I can't understand how they're all so content to be cooped up in an office all day," she remarked, giving a slight nod in the direction of some businessmen hurrying back to the office, ears pressed to their phones and tongues going a mile a minute. "Ugh, I'd get so damn bored!" God forbid she ever had to give up the hunting game; given how much of an adventure and adrenaline junkie she was, Rose was pretty sure she'd wither away and die of boredom within the first few months.

A light breeze ruffled her cape, as the weak sun shone on her face, and Rose smiled as she basked in its rays. "This weather's just wonderful. I've been waiting for such weather for weeks now. But all we've had is rain." She wrinkled her nose at the memory of squelching through mud while trying to track a demon; that definitely hadn't been one of her more enjoyable hunts. "It's been impossible to work. The last time I got caught out in the rain I didn't get dry for a week," she commented, brushing her fringe from her eyes as her gaze lingered on the male, studying him.

- - - - - - - - - -
don't want your money, don't want your crown
SEE I'VE COME TO BURN YOUR KINGDOM DOWN
- - - - - - - - - -
STATUS``: active
TAGGED``: cade <3
OUTFIT``: black knee-high lace-up boots with a dagger sheath strapped onto the inside, black jeans tucked into the boots, white blouse, red corset, leather pouch, and red cape
NOTES``: ---
LYRICS``: seven devils by florence and the machine
CREDIT``: made by TAYLYNOSAURUS REX! of caution 2.0. with a zillion and one edits by CALYPSO
Rose Trodaire
Tsaritsa of Shipping

£ : 5818

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cade Foster on Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:11 am

~~~~~~~~~
And I'm not sleeping now,
the dark is too hard
to beat

~~~~~~~~~~

Cade sensed the eyes of the young woman sizing him up and down in certain consideration. And something deep inside told the Hunter he may have met another fellow.

He chuckled. "You'd never believe if I said on most days I'm one of them. Cooped up inside the most tiniest office-slash-cupboard and counting hours till hetting out for the day if I'm not out on business." Foster admitted with a slight pang of jealousy as he watched all those "Armani suits" scurrying across the streets to their wide, glass covered, spacy offices with superb air conditioning.
He only got to see such when meeting potential clients at their workplaces.

"I believe rain here especially likes to annoy people. It's rather hard to get around when all you get is mud covered streets, grumpy crowds and cold shower from sky instead my own bathroom." the Hunter said with an eye-roll. Oh how terrible was rain here, he felt like done with the water for the rest of his life.

~~~~~~~~~
You show the lights that stop me turn to stone
You shine it when I'm alone

~~~~~~~~~
★★★
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Notes:
pardon shortness, I had a quick inspiration and a moment before sleep
~~~~~~~~~~

Cade Foster

View user profile