I forgot my password

Memorandums
"Earth's Mightiest Heroes" is shutting its doors here and moving to a different host. The new site can be found HERE. The admins want to thank everyone who made EMH amazing and gave us wonderful memories and fantastic rp adventures. We hope to see you on the new site! Members can still log in and get their stuff if they need.

To our wonderful affiliates: we will be re-adding you on the new site. Please bear with us :)
Messages From Midgard
Affiliates

Member Sites

Sister Sites
WONT BACK DOWNAvengers RisingSHIELD RISES !X-Men/Avengers Roleplay

Sites We <3

Our Little Secret // Coulson

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Our Little Secret // Coulson

Post by Maria Hill on Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:01 pm

- - - - - - - - - -
when you feel my heat, look into my eyes
it's where my demons hide
- - - - - - - - - -
Most people hated rain. It scared them, made them think of sad times, other rubbish like that. Not Maria. She loved the rain. When she was little she'd spend hours sitting at the window watching the raindrops spatter on the glass, each drop running races with each other. Rain reminded her of the good things - cuddling with her grandparents, baking gingerbread cookies, watching the flames in the fire-place dance and lick at the dry logs, being tucked in extra tight at bedtime.

Rain was wonderful in her books. It was the thunderstorms that she hated.

Maria had never been able to get over her fear of thunderstorms. When she was little, whenever one happened, she used to crawl into bed with her grandparents, shaking like a leaf, and sleep with them until the storm subsided. Ophelia and Aldred would let her crawl in between them, cuddling the frightened girl to sleep. She would fall asleep with her nose full of her grandmother's lilac perfume on one side, and the sounds of her grandfather's snores from the other. It was oddly comforting. It had, of course, annoyed her father to no end. He was always ranting and raving that his child was growing up a coward. But Maria didn't stop the storm visits. Not until her grandparents died. Then she had to deal with storms all on her lonesome and from that point, every storm night carried a nightmare with it.

Though she no longer feared storms as she had in her youth, she still found them unsettling. And tonight was no exception. The night was a stormy one, thunder rumbling like a hungry beast, and lightning criss-crossing the dark sky. Maria had mused that Thor and his friends were probably having relay-races from here to Asgard. Violent rain spattered against her windows and the wind howling like a demented banshee. She'd contemplated pulling an all-nighter with the help of obscene amounts of coffee, but in the end had drifted away into a restless sleep.

The steady beep of a heart monitor made her green eyes flutter open. Fluorescent lighting made things hard to see, but she was in Svetlana's operating room. What the hell was she doing here, and on the operating table of all places?

Pain shot through her body and Maria whimpered, biting her lip. What were they doing to her? Why did her head hurt so much? Looking up she saw two figures in the viewing area of the operating room. A tall dark figure in a trench-coat and a shorter one in a well-tailored suit. The expressions on their faces were grim, as if everything that was going on below was wrong.

More and more pain shot through her body and Maria let out another cry. "Stop, please," she pleaded, voice breaking. "Please, just stop. Doctor, please...!" A tear rolled down her cheek and she shut her eyes, not wanting to look at anyone, not wanting anyone to see her crying. "Please, just let me die...!" The last sentence came out not in her own voice, but in Coulson's.

Bolting upright in a cold sweat, it took Maria a minute to figure out where the hell she was. Her heart was beating a mile a second and the brunette was shaking from head to toe. Pushing the covers off herself, she shakily stood up and paced the room to calm down. Her breaths were ragged, but no amount of deep breathing was helping.

She needed to see him. She needed to talk to him. To apologise for everything Fury had put him through. The torture and the misery, even if he couldn't remember it.

Peeking out of her room to make sure the coast were clear and that no blabbermouth agents were around to see her trek to Coulson's room at 3am, she tugged down the hem of her oversized armed forces t-shirt and silently snuck down the corridor, her bare feet making no noise on the cold floor. However at his door, she hesitated. Maybe it wasn't such a good idea after all. Shuffling from foot to foot, she bit her lip, suddenly scrunching her eyes as thunder sounded in the distance. A sigh leaving her lips, Maria knocked on the door, wondering if Phil was still awake or if he was lost in the depths of a peaceful slumber. "Coulson," she murmured, bringing her face close to the door so her voice could travel through it better. "You awake?"

- - - - - - - - - -
don't get too close, it's dark inside
- - - - - - - - - -

STATUS``: active
TAGGED``: Coulson <3
OUTFIT``: over-sized armed forces t-shirt, black shorts
NOTES``: minor spoilers for agents of shield, i guess
LYRICS``: demons by imagine dragons
CREDIT``: this template was made by the amazing TAYLYNOSAURUS REX! of caution 2.0.
Maria Hill
Tsaritsa of Shipping

£ : 5317

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Our Little Secret // Coulson

Post by Phil Coulson on Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:24 am

Nostalgia, Phil Coulson was a nostalgic person most of the time, he always wished he was in the past, it was a trait that was quite annoying for his job as a Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D, Coulson thought as he looked through his antique collections. He could not sleep, he had not been able to sleep for quite a while. Tahiti had been troubling him now that he knew the truth, he had learned to deal with the pain, but he was still angry. He was angry at his best friend, Nick Fury for putting him through the procedure, they should have just let him die, a man has to know when his times up, Coulson had already accepted his death. Coulson did not believe in the afterlife, but as he died on the Helicarrier, Coulson had wondered if there was one, and if he would have seen his parents in the afterlife if there was one. His father had died when he was very young, and his mother had died sometime after the New York incident. Coulson didn't even get to attend the funeral, he however had a video of it to watch.  Fury had denied Coulson permission to attend it, turns out some of the Avengers and many SHIELD agent's were also there to pay their respects to him and his mother, and Fury didn't want anyone to know about Coulson. Coulson was pissed, he was furious at the Director, the person whom Coulson once considered his best friend.

Coulson was lost in his thought when someone entered his room and called for him asking if he was awake. Coulson quickly spun his chair around and saw it was Maria Hill, another friend of his whom betrayed him under Fury's orders. Coulson was also angry at her for concealing the information she knew, but still Coulson decided to put up a act and smile. "Maria, so what do I owe your arrival to? Something on your mind?" Maria had also gone through her fair share of trouble recently, she had been kidnapped and tortured, thus Coulson had already came to the decision to leave her out of his anger if she simply did not mention anything about the incident. He would pretend it never happened until latter, he would let Maria recover from the torture first, instead of further burdening her. The recent damages to S.H.I.E.L.D have likely already stressed her out, and it would be simply against Coulson's morals to put further burden on his friends in such a situation.
Phil Coulson
Imperator and Autokrator of Shipping

£ : 6613

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Hill on Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:47 am

- - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - -
She couldn't help smiling herself when Phil smiled at her as he greeted her. There were few people that could put her at ease just by smiling at her. In fact, if she thought about it, only three people made the list. Maria was a hard woman to please or calm. But Coulson seemed to manage. Every time. Not that she would ever tell him that. She disliked talking about feelings or admitting to having them.

"What, I can't just visit you at 3am just because I feel like it?" she asked jokingly, entering the room and walking over to his bed, perching upon it. She looked around the room for a moment before settling her eyes back onto Phil, wondering why he was still up at such a wretched hour. "I couldn't sleep," she told him, not wanting to admit that she'd had a nightmare. She hated the fact that she was an adult and yet she still had nightmares like a mere child. She knew that in a job like theirs, nightmares were all too common. After all, you couldn't help what you dreamt. And with the horrors that they saw on the job nightmares were a common side-effect. But she hated it. She felt vulnerable and weak. And after all that she'd gone through, those two things were the last things she wanted to be.

"And it seems I'm not the only one. What's on your mind?" she asked, bringing her legs up on the bed to sit cross-legged and cocking her head slightly as she looked at him. Agent Fanboy. The corner of her mouth rose slightly as she remembered talking to him while she'd been in capture. She was glad that it was Coulson, and not some other agent, who had come as part of the rescue team after Henry had broken her out. Next second Maria's mind inevitably replayed the kiss, and Maria blushed furiously, glad that the dim lighting in the room would conceal her blush. Neither of them had mention the event, and all agents witnessing it had been wise enough to leave it out of their mission reports. It saddened Maria a little that it hadn't led anywhere, but that was life. You didn't always get what you wanted.

- - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - -

TAGGED``: Coulson
NOTES``: ---
CREDIT``: this template was made by the amazing TAYLYNOSAURUS REX! of caution 2.0.
Maria Hill
Tsaritsa of Shipping

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Coulson on Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:42 pm

"Well Maria, according to regulation which you and the Director implemented no, I think the punishment for violating it was being thrown into your office for a stern speech and then if the subject survives being throw off the Helicarrier." Coulson said teasing Maria about her choice in coming to his room at this hour of the night, or was it technically the day? That was never really important, but it would make a good philosophical question. Coulson also refused to mention his former friend, one Nicholas James Fury by his name, Coulson was still angry at Fury for the things he had done, the things he had ordered. Coulson then stood up and pushed the chair he was sitting on to Maria, after that, Coulson pulled out a stool he had in the room and once again took a seat. Coulson liked Maria, he had to admit it, but there were regulations against this sort of thing.

"Join the club." Coulson said as he rolled his stool toward the small freezer in his room, he then opened it and took out a can of Pepsi and asked in a friendly tone "You want anything? I have Pepsi, Sprite, Gatorade, Apple juice, Orange juice and I even have some wine." Coulson then waited for a reply and added "I've been thinking about my parents, especially my mother, didn't even get to say goodbye or attend funeral, turns out Stark was attending it, and our friend the Director didn't want knowledge of my survival out to Stark." Fury's actions enraged Coulson's, Coulson could have once trusted the man with his life, but now Coulson didn't know what to trust the Director with.

"So whats on yours now that I told you whats on mine." Coulson said as he opened his can of Pepsi and took a sip, still waiting to see if Maria also wanted a drink, he had some alcohol, but he had avoided touching those unless he wanted to cash in his vacation days, you never know when you will be sent on a mission for S.H.I.E.L.D.

Coulson then looked up and saw the plaque where he used to hand his vintage Captain America cards, and looked at it with a bit of sadness, he had spent a long time collection those. The collection first begun when his father, a soldier from the allied side once told him the story of Captain America, and how he saved many lives in the Second World War. Coulson had admired the Captain since then. Coulson first started the collection soon after his father's death, his mother had bought him his first card in a effort to cheer him up, and the irony was Coulson only managed to complete it a few days before the incident with Loki.
Phil Coulson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Hill on Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:09 pm

- - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - -
"Miss Maria Hill, you should know better than to go sneaking into an agent's room at 3 am," Maria told herself in a gruff authorative voice, giving herself the stern talking to that Phil mentioned. "It sends a bad message to the junior agents and encourages Tony Stark to do the same. You'll never hear the end of the sexual harassment lawsuits if he starts showing up in peoples rooms at ungodly hours of the morning. Now, be a good deputy director and go jump off the Helicarrier." She gave a grin. "Well now, I'd say I handled that punishment pretty well." She enjoyed hanging out with Phil. Around everyone else she always acted so emotionless and formal, careful not to reveal a single thing about herself. Around him though she could relax and be more herself, without worry that he'd judge.

Pushing herself up off the bed, she sunk down into the proffered chair and spun about once. "D'you have anything stronger?" she asked when he offered her a drink, raising a hopeful eyebrow. "Actually, I'll have some apple juice, please," she said a moment later, deciding that getting drunk with Phil in his room at 3 am, although tempting, probably wasn't a wise idea. Especially if a mission came up. A drunk deputy director on a mission would not be a good look at all.

"I'm really sorry," she told him quietly. Three simple words and yet she meant them with the utmost sincerity. She had found it cruel that Fury hadn't allowed Coulson to attend the funeral for his mother. Had it been up to her, she would have disguised him so well that none of the Avengers would even have suspected that it was him. Apparently such a thing was too logical for their director. "Take some time off and go visit her. Fury owes you that much at least, after everything. If you wanted some company, I could go with you," she added as an afterthought.

She brought her feet up towards her, hugging them and resting her chin on top of her knees. Nibbling on her bottom lip, she gave a sigh, looking down at the inked birds flying up her foot. "The storm's making me think of my grandparents," she admitted, eyes on the smallest bird. "I miss them so much. Whenever there was a thunderstorm, they'd let me turn their bed into a blanket cave. I was Ria Bear, famous for my growls and roars." She smiled, giving a soft chuckle at the memory. "God, listen to me, I sound pathetic." She gave a wry smile, scrunching her nose. At least she didn't feel like she'd be judged for remembering and sharing such stuff. And more importantly she knew that it wouldn't make for tomorrow's Base gossip

She didn't want to tell him what her dream had actually been about. Fury had given him such nice (albeit fake) memories of him recovering in Tahiti and Phil seemed content with the memories, so Maria didn't want to ruin it for him. The old adage was true - there was bliss in ignorance. Phil seemed happy; who was she to shatter everything by telling him of the monstrosity that actually happened? But she couldn't not say anything. "Phil, I'm...I'm sorry for everything that happened," she said finally, looking up at him. She didn't know if he actually had any sort of inkling of the lengths that Fury had gone to to resurrect him, but the apology could be interpreted in a number of ways. There was plenty that had to be apologized for.

- - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - -

Maria Hill
Tsaritsa of Shipping

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Coulson on Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:36 pm

Coulson took a carton of apple juice and threw it over to Maria when she replied and answered him on what sort of drink she wanted, he then closed the freezer again and rolled his chair over to Maria's side. "Sorry for what? It's not your fault the Director felt my survival becoming public knowledge would be a security risk." Coulson said in a slightly bitter tone, but quickly disguised that with a smile, deep down, Coulson blamed Maria just as much for not stopping the Director, Nicholas James Fury from doing what he did to him as he blamed the Director for his actions, but that part of him was buried for now. It was buried by Coulson's feelings for Maria, and how he was worried about Maria when she was being held captive.

"Maybe I should cash in those vacation days I saved up for over the years, after all these years working, how many days did I take a non mandatory vacation?" Coulson said as he continued to think about the past, thinking about the good times he had with his parents, and how little time he actually spent with his father as a child, how little time he spent with his mother after becoming a adult. Coulson felt like he had wronged his mother somehow, he let his job get the better of him and put it before his mother. In the eyes of Fury that would have been the right choice, there is nothing above the job, but Coulson was not Fury. Coulson then remembered that his mother also thought he died, and Fury didn't even allow her to know how, his mother only found out from Stark when Stark used his connections to make Coulson person of the year for Times. "I would love the company when I do go for the visit."

"Secrets safe with me Maria, if the trainees found out, your entire reputation would be ruined and then I would have to save too many trainees from their deaths when they antagonize you." Coulson joked as he took a sip from his can of Pepsi, and then he heard Maria apologize to him again, he then replied while smiling, "There is nothing to apologize about Maria, what are you apologizing for?"
Phil Coulson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Hill on Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:43 pm

- - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - -
She caught the bitterness in his tone even though he was quick to cover it. Jamming the straw into the carton, she took a sip of the cold liquid. "I should have kept hounding him until he changed his mind." It was an almost impossible feat to get Fury to change his mind, but as the deputy director she had to try. Which she had repeatedly tried to do but failed miserably. She could easily say that Fury was the most stubborn jackass that she ever had the misfortune of meeting. "He acted like an ass because of his own dumbass reasons and you had to get caught in the middle. You going to a funeral in disguise would not have been a security risk," she growled. He'd told Maria the same thing when she demanded why the hell they couldn't send Coulson to the funeral: it would be a security risk. To Maria it was a bullshit excuse.

She took another drink, chuckling. "If you cash them in all at once, we won't see you for years!" she replied, brushing hair from her eyes. Sounded exactly like her stored vacation days. Vacations bored her and she didn't see a point to them if she didn't want to go. Maria really did not understand what was so glorious about spending time alone on some deserted island (as the trend seemed to be). Sure you got pampered and you didn't have to worry about whether agents filled in their mission reports on time, but it was so boring! Next vacation she'd demand to go skiing in the Alps with Svetlana or Patience. She didn't give a damn that their vacations couldn't coincide; she was going to make it happen.

"Oh I dunno, bears are pretty fearsome. After all they're like the number one zoological threat to America. I'll just scratch some eyes out, chew through a couple of throats - I'd be the most fearsome non-Hulk thing here!" she shot back with a laugh. "But as usual you just have to go and take away my fun killing rookies." She gave an elaborate sigh. "But I guess I'll forgive you, just this once." She moved side-to-side in the chair, giving him a grin.

When he asked again what she was apologising for, Maria ran a hand through her hair, grin fading fast. "For everything Fury put you through and that I couldn't stop him! He used you. And I couldn't stop it." Maria was furious at Fury. He pretended like what he did was for the greater good, but in fact it was all simply for his own selfish needs. He used people, he manipulated people, and he abused his power. He'd used Phil's death to motivate the lazy-ass Avengers into gear, in the process ruining the one thing in Phil's collection that he practically trembled over and were almost as precious to him as Lola. He'd brought Phil back to life simply because he couldn't bear the thought of losing his best friend. Not because Maria was a zombie over losing him, or that the Avengers were absolutely heartbroken over losing their handler, or because the half the senior agents went into mourning and refused to train their rookies because they were too distraught. No, because he was upset over losing a friend. No one else mattered at SHIELD, it seemed, except bloody Nick Fury.

Maria let out a shaky breath and took a long drink of apple juice to calm herself. If she continued at this rate, the night would end up with her storming into Fury's bedroom in her pj's and starting up World War 3. She looked at him for a long moment, studying his features. He seemed so calm, as if none of it mattered. "How can you be so ok with all of this?"

- - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - -

NOTES``: ...bloody hell, the feels...
Maria Hill
Tsaritsa of Shipping

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Coulson on Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:57 pm

'Nothing you could have done, we all know the Director, his stubbornness is only matched by his need to exert control over others." Coulson said in a tone which showed that he was tired of following the Director's every order and even in death he was not allowed to rest. Fury simply had to bring him back, Coulson was thankful for the Director's goal in his revival, but at the same time, he did not agree with the Director's methods, he actually despised the Director's methods in bringing him back. Coulson would have preferred to stay dead, instead of being put through the agonizing procedure again.
"Indeed, if my memory serves me right, if I cash them all in today, you would not see me until 2018 and that is if I only cash in my paid vacations." Coulson said with a smile, then then added "The only actual way for me to cash it all in would be by accident and I would be begging you to rescind my vacation orders in a few days." S.H.I.E.L.D was Coulson's home whether he liked it or not, it was the only home he still had. Coulson knew he would likely never return to his childhood home in Boston, he would still pay money to maintain it, but it would simply bring back memories. Memories of his parents whom he knew he would likely never see again.
"Bears are indeed terrifying but I think the rookies opinion of you would be one of those cartoon bears, what was the show again? I think it was the Berenstain Bears?" Coulson said jokingly. "I do have to save you from yourself Maria, if you kill the rookie, that's a lot of paperwork for accidental deaths, and we all know you have to deal with enough of those that come from the Director." Coulson joked with a smile, he enjoyed talking with Maria, he saw the side of her that most people would never see, most people would have been shot and killed by now, ad at that thought Coulson gave a slight chuckle.

When Maria apologized to him again, told him she tried to stop the Director, and asked him how was he so okay with the situation, Coulson's face turned into a grim frown. Damn it Maria why did you have have to mention this? Coulson felt rage, he was angry, and subconsciously started to squeeze and crush the can of Pepsi that was in his hand. "I m not, the Director uses us all, and I just happened to be the tool he was most attached to." Damn it Maria, you had to mention this right now? Coulson thought as he tried to control the anger that was inside him, and stop himself from bursting into a rant.

Last edited by Phil Coulson on Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Phil Coulson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Hill on Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:15 pm

- - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - -
Maria gave a shrug, smiling. "That's why you take a vacation with something. It'd be less boring that way. Take a friend and go somewhere. I'm sure Sitwell would be up for a trip to Rome or wherever," she replied, taking another drink from her carton. "I want to go to Bali next forced vacation and ride the elephants. Love those creatures." She thought the majestic creatures absolutely wonderful. "Dunno who I'd take, but guess I'll cross that bridge when I get to it."

Her eyes widened at the mention of the old show, and she burst out laughing. "I used to watch that show every morning! I'd wake up especially for it and watch it before school." She shook her head, the smile not leaving. "I wanted to live in a tree-house for the longest of times after watching that." At his mention of accidental death reports and how much paperwork there would be with it, she simply waved a dismissive hand. "Patience can handle it all. I've never seen such an efficient secretary as that woman. Best present Fury ever got me." She'd been asking for an assistant or secretary for quite some time, and though there were plenty of applicants, none of them ever made it to actually becoming Maria's secretary. They were all too inefficient for her liking. Maria needed a right-hand, not someone who had to be told what to do. And god forbid they had to ask about a task twice! But then along came Fury, bringing her Patience. The woman was amazing; never had Maria come across a more efficient secretary.

As Phil's easy smile turned to a frown, Maria cursed herself for bringing the topic up. She'd been stupid in thinking he was ok with it. Of course he wasn't; no one could be ok with being used and manipulated. Noticing that he was squeezing the can to the point that it could burst any second now, she reached out and placed a hand over his, to calm him. "Hey," she said softly, looking into his eyes. "I didn't mean to hit a nerve. I just wanted to say that I never wanted any of this crap to happen. If it had been up to me, it would have played out very differently. I wanted you to know that because..." She swallowed the lump in her throat, before speaking again, her voice even softer than before, "I don't want you to think of me as a monster like him..." What Coulson thought of her mattered to Maria. With everyone else, she couldn't give less of a toss what people thought, but he wasn't everyone else. She cared for him, not only as a friend, but she actually had feelings for him too. So what he thought of her mattered, even if her affection was unrequited.

- - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - -

NOTES``: set before winter soldier, so am assuming coulson and sitwell are still friends..?
Maria Hill
Tsaritsa of Shipping

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Coulson on Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:42 pm

"Could always ask Stark for advice, he seems to be really good at this thing called a vacation." Coulson said when Maria mentioned going to Rome, "Going to need Stark's advice anyways, if I do go to Rome, I would be bored after visiting all the Museums, Sitwell would be bored after he finishes visiting the restaurants." Coulson added, half joking and the other half was serious, was actually going to get bored after the museums were done. 
"Agent Moran? I am actually surprised at her qualifications, I used to be her Training officer, she was efficient I can agree on that, but I disagree with some of her methods, she tends to be way more aggressive than necessary." COulson said, remembering that a couple years ago when his task was babysitting rookies, instead of babysitting Avengers. "So she is also great with paperwork? Well she always was dedicated to her work, I can gladly recommend her as a agent if it was not for her violent tendencies." 
"I know you could not have stopped him." Coulson said as he loosened his grip on the can of Pepsi and placed it back on the desk when he noticed what he was doing. "No, I don't think of you as a monster Maria, to be honest I despise Nick for what he did, but at the same time I think I can understand what he did." Coulson said, he and Fury had been through alot of life threatening situations before in the past, they had forged a bond of friendship in fire, but now that bond was gone. It was shattered by the monstrosity of Fury's actions in his attempt to save his friend. Coulson understood, but it did not mean he condoned nor did it mean he forgave Fury for his actions.
Phil Coulson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Hill on Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:13 pm

- - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - -
"That guy's entire life is just one huge vacation," Maria replied, rolling her eyes. Finishing her juice, she crumpled the carton up and tossed it into the bin. "Go to Paris then. The Louvre will keep you entertained for months and the restaurants will keep feeding Sitwell until he can't fit through the door any more. Like Pooh Bear. Except bald." She couldn't help but smile at the thought of all the restaurant staff trying to push a giant blob that used to be Agent Sitwell out of their doors. "Or maybe go to Washington. I hear the Smithsonian is planning a Captain America exhibit," she added teasingly.

"The one and same. She speaks very highly of you. If I didn't know any better, I'd say that she had a little crush on you," she added with a smirk. It was an amusing thought, though at the back of Maria's mind a tiny bit of jealousy niggled at her. Though she didn't mind teasing Patience about it, she didn't want it to actually be true. Yes, she was a jealous thing. But there weren't many guys that Maria actually liked and the idea that a friend of hers might like the same one and would try and compete with her just didn't sit right with her. "Her violence doesn't bother me," she told Coulson with a shrug. "After all, according to rumour I have bodies of rookies stashed underneath my office floor. I must thank whoever started that one. It's amusing watching the rookies tremble with terror any time they get called to my office."

Withdrawing her hand, Maria fiddled with the hem of her t-shirt. "He cared for you a lot, y'know," she said after a moment. "We all do. It's why he did it." She was furious at Fury for putting Coulson through what he had, and there was no way she agreed or was happy with his decisions. However she did understand why he had done the things that he did. Coulson was one of the greatest agents she'd ever gotten to work with. Loyal, empathetic, strong-willed. It wasn't really a wonder that Fury had done what he had. And though it was all well and good of her to turn her nose up and condemn his actions as wrong and immoral, she wasn't sure that she wouldn't have done the same, had she been in Fury's boots. "For what it's worth, I'm glad you're back. We'd be lost without our Agent Fanboy." Though she made it sound as if the whole agency would be lost without him, she only really meant herself. She just couldn't say it outright; confessing feelings really wasn't her forte.

- - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - -

Maria Hill
Tsaritsa of Shipping

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Coulson on Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:42 pm

"That would be incorrect, the guys entire life is a vacation and acting like a douchebag, maybe the accidental save the world by accident in the middle of those two though." Coulson joked, it was his own way of getting back at the ridiculous things he was put through babysitting Stark. It was worse than babysitting trainees, atleast did not have more money then they have common sense. Coulson had nearly went on a rant on Stark when he Stark asked him to stick a Captain America shield between two objects as a stabilizer. Coulson would have loved to have that shield. "Paris and Washington D.C sound nice, that Captain America exhibit might just tempt me to cash in some of those vacation days."
"If we gave Sitwell a unlimited budget for food, he would become so large, even Doctor Banner when enraged would be unable to rival his size." Coulson said, smiling slightly, Coulson had know Sitwell for a long time, they had also been friends for a long time, but the most defining aspect of Sitwell was his love for food. "Well that could be the reason why you and Agent Moran get along quite well, you two seem to despise our rookie population, if we letted you two loose, they would be a endangered species, and once you kill them all, we would have to put their corpses in a museum."  
"I know, I've worked with Fury since he was in the Army, we've been through quite a few life threatening situations before." Coulson said, he had been Fury since the beginning of both their careers in S.H.I.E.L.D and before that. Coulson still could not deal with the methods which Fury used to bring him back, the methods were simply indescribable in their monstrosity. "Agent Fanboy? Now Maria, it may be accurate but I belive Agent Babysitter may be a better description for me and my job." Coulson joked, seeing that he was basically the Avenger's, Fury and most of S.H.I.E.L.D's rookie populations babysitter. His job was to basically ensure they don't make dumb decisions, even Fury made them.
Phil Coulson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Hill on Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:10 pm

- - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - -
Maria assumed a look of utter hurt at his rookie population comment. "Coulson, how could you? I do not despise them. That makes it sound personal. I only immensely dislike them because they're incompetent. I don't understand how the head of recruitment isn't fired yet." She'd had multiple words with said recruiter, only to be told her standards for new recruits were much too high, albeit in much nicer terms. Maria had decided that if the next batch of recruits weren't up to scratch, she was going to throw him off the Helicarrier mid-flight. Or maybe Patience would like the job of making him mysteriously disappear; at least it wouldn't have to be her that had to fill in an accidental death report, besides Patience was just so efficient in dealing with tedious paperwork.

"Oh c'mon, I wouldn't kill them all," Maria replied, giving him a 'do you really not trust me?' look. "Just most. Maybe like 90% of them only. And I would only pick the finest examples of rookie corpses to be sent to the museum. I wouldn't want anyone to think we recruit all sorts of riff-raff. I mean, come on, I do have standards," she told him, keeping her expression completely serious though her tone belied a hint of joking. "We'd have the FBI laughing their butts off if they saw our sub-par rookie corpses at the Smithsonian."

She stretched in her chair, smiling at his baby-sitter comment. "You're our SHIELD Supernanny. Best baby-sitter and protector of rookies SHIELD has seen in decades," Maria retorted. Coulson always seemed to be babysitting someone or other. Stark, the Avengers, rookies who were on the verge of enraging Maria with their incompetence and thus being fired, his own team. "I would call you Agent Supernanny, but..." she trailed off, her nose scrunching up. "That evokes images of portly women in suits with stern British accents and umbrellas. And I don't want to think of such things whenever I'm talking to you," she finished, giving a shrug. "Besides, Agent Fanboy suits you so much better," she added with a grin.

- - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - -

NOTES``: how is he not reacting to a half-dressed maria in his room at 3 am?
Maria Hill
Tsaritsa of Shipping

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Coulson on Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:27 pm

"Its nothing personal, I know that, most rookies simply make your day filled with joy at their efficiency, how many rookie did I have to save from you this week?" Coulson joked as he got up and took a seat at his bed, beside Maria. He really had feelings for Maria, but for something reason he simply could not speak his mind. Coulson was nervous in this sort of thing at times, for the guy whom faced death countless time, speaking his romantic emotions was harder than dying. Coulson already tried dying out, but still he could not speak his mind to Maria.

"No, you would however kill about 99 percent, that is if Fury, Barton, Romanov and Moran join in on the fun and if Sitwell and I decide to just leave the rookies to their well deserved fate." Coulson said with his voice dripping with playful sarcasm. "Finest example of rookie corpses? You mean the ones whom actually died due to true incompetence?" Coulson was joking ofcourse, but at times he thought that if Maria, Nick, Clint, Natasha, Patience and all the other rookie or incompetence hating agents got a free pass at exterminating the rookie/incompetent population, S.H.I.E.L.D would get alot smaller, by alot, Coulson meant nearly the entire organization would be dead. "The FBI would not laugh, remember Project INSIGHT? They currently have their shit scared by us, and are afraid that once the project is done, they won't have a job.

"If you insist Agent Fanboy it is then, but a fanboy to whom?" Coulson said in a bad attempt to flirt to Maria, he then said "How about we take a vacation, we go visit my parents first, then we go to the Smithsonian, as for transportation I am sure the Director will lend us a Quinjet and we could borrow some of Stark's cars." Coulson said, he was aking Maria out in his own way, definitely not his best attempt at asking someone out, his usual attempt to ask someone out were the type which were not romantic. They were, we need to talk type, Coulson was good at those, but he was terrible at these romantic things.
Phil Coulson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Hill on Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:42 pm

- - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - -
Crossing her arms theatrically, she gave a haughty sniff and turned her nose up. "Only nine or ten. You should be proud of me, y'know. That's like record low! I should be getting a muffin basket on my desk for such an achievement," she said. It amused her that everyone thought that she had so much power that Fury actually allowed her to kill off rookies as she saw fit. Such rumours made her even more feared than her demeanour at work already did. That fear in turn meant that agents were careful to treat her with more respect than might have been necessary; no one wanted to test the theory whether she really would throw an agent out of a moving Helicarrier or not if they pissed her off. "Oh and don't forget to go heavy on the raspberry and white chocolate muffins," she added with a slight smirk. She loved those ones the most.

"Well now, that sounds like a perfect bonding exercise," she commented with a chuckle. "I must request it one of these days. I'm sure Fury would be more happy to sanction it. Survival of the fittest rookies and all. Only the best of the best can be allowed survived." She brushed her fringe from her eyes, still smirking. "Oh I'd send a variety of corpses to the museum. Some that died of incompetence. Some dying during tactical training. Some dying on training missions because they were too slow to diffuse the bomb. Can't have all the visitors that have come to see our fine specimens bored now, can we?"

A playful sparkle in her eyes, Maria flashed Phil a cheeky grin. "What a question - to me, of course. You're my Agent Fanboy. I'll get you pompoms and a shirt that says 'Maria rocks'. I think Rogers might get a bit jealous though," she added, a playful sparkle in her eyes. At his suggestion, her cheeky grin faded and instead she smiled warmly, biting her lip softly. "It sounds quite wonderful. I'd really like that," she replied quietly, almost shyly. She wasn't used to being asked out anywhere like on a vacation, especially not one that was so intimate as going to visit Phil's parents and then on to an exhibit of his idol. She wanted to ask him if this was supposed to be a date, but the logical part of her brain told her it would be better if she just kept quiet. She didn't want to ruin whatever they had going if Coulson replied that no, it was just a friendly vacation. "We've got to borrow his fastest car though. Can't stand slow cars. And I promise that if they have souvenirs at the exhibit, I'll buy you your very own shield." She paused for a moment. "I'd like to visit my grandparents too. I haven't visited them in years," she added, feeling a twinge of guilt. She'd used to visit their graves on every big occasion. Upon joining SHIELD the visits had become rarer and rarer, until she was lucky if she got to visit them even once in a year.

- - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - -

NOTES``:
Maria Hill
Tsaritsa of Shipping

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Coulson on Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:28 pm

"It will certainly be amusing to say the least, saving the rookie can get tedious at times." Coulson joked, it was most amusing to watch the rookie tremble in fear whenever Maria approached them. It was good that they had a respect for Maria, maria deserved it, but at the same time the respect was born form fear, and that was something Coulson did not agree with much. Coulson preferred if respect was earned his way, the genuine way which did not involve fear, but still respect to those whom deserve it was good."You want anything else to go with that order? The blood of rookies in it?" Coulson was amused enough at the reputation that he could joke about it.
"But wheres my dignity if I try doing that? Do you want me to start stripping down while doing it?" Coulson joked again, his flirtation attempts were as bad as they could possibly be. Coulson was really bad at this whole flirtation thing, he was simply not really used to it. "Well we best inform the Director we are taking a vacation first thing tomorrow, or we could take Lola, Stark's car's are nothing compared to Lola, and yes we should visit your grandparents too." Coulson then leaned to toward Maria and added in a awkward tone, "Well I have been meaning to say this a long time ago, but I could never really admit what I want to tell you." Coulson then moved in and kissed Maria on her lips, he had decided to throw caution to the wind, his mind told him what was he waiting for, his second death?
Phil Coulson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Hill on Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:24 pm

- - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - -
"Nah," she replied, chuckling. "That's a bit much. I'm not that scary. Just their tears will do. Brownies made from the tears of rookies are the most amazing food out there," she joked. Sometimes she hated the fact that her respect from the junior agents was borne from fear. But she had learnt over the years that fear was a better motivator amongst the lower echelon. Sometimes it was just better to be feared than loved. Besides, those that actually mattered to her respected her because she'd earned it, and that was ultimately to her.

"Well, I wouldn't complain if you decided to, but I think you might shock a few people if you did it in the halls," she replied with a smirk, pushing the chair closer to the bed, closing the gap between them. Part of her mind was yelling at her for being so flirty with Phil. After all, she was the deputy director, she shouldn't be flirting with anyone. But at the same time, Maria no longer cared. She was only human; she should be allowed to flirt whenever and with whoever she wanted.

Her eyes grew wide for a second as his lips met hers, but the next moment her eyes fluttered shut and she relaxed, kissing him back. She brought a hand up to his cheek as the pad of her thumb caressed his cheek absentmindedly, everything that she felt towards this brilliant agent finding its way into the kiss. She regularly faced and escaped death on the job, but despite thinking every time that she should have told him how she'd felt, she was too much of a wimp. As much as she liked being in charge and in control, she was glad that he'd made the first move. Had it been left up to her, she would have ended up waiting until her next brush with kidnapping with a side of torture.

- - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - -

NOTES``: *squees so much and dies*
Maria Hill
Tsaritsa of Shipping

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Coulson on Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:47 pm

Coulson continued locking his lips with Maria and one side of his mind was chastising him for the blatant breach of protocol that they were doing, but the other half was telling him that he waited long enough, and that he was a fool to wait as long as he had. Coulson mostly agreed with the second half of his brain, he had indeed waited too long for this, it seems that resurrection has a way of making you act more emotionally. I have never felt so alive, she resurrects me, Coulson thought, he had not felt so alive since his resurrection, this was the first time that he felt that he was in the world of the living again. I can't resist thing, but I know I should. This is wrong, but god this feels so good.

I lose my self control to her caress, She wears her confidence with such finesse.
Coulson was thinking as he broke off the kiss with Maria and finally said the words that he had been meaning to say for a long, long time, "I love you Maria, took me long enough, but I love you." She is a lioness under that dress, she connects me, she resurrects me, she smiles like a angel, I can't resist her, but I know I should, Coulson could not help stop thinking. I have never felt so alive, her enchantments resurrect me. This was the best day of his life, he finally got the feelings that he had locked up out, he had finally admitted the feelings he felt for Maria. "Well which of use should announce to the Director of this situation and get to our time together?"
Phil Coulson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Hill on Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:12 pm

- - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - -
Not breaking from the kiss, Maria leaned into the kiss, wriggling out of the chair. A moment later she edged onto the bed, straddling him. Her hand dropped from his cheek and both hands just rested on his waist. Her lungs were protesting for air, but she ignored their plea. Air didn't matter much right now.

She'd put all her defences up because she'd never wanted to fall in love. Love was damn confusing. And relationships were messy. Neither thing being something that Maria liked. So she'd kept her distance, not let herself get attached. But then he'd come along and managed to break through her walls. Her professional self was scolding her for such behaviour, but Maria ignored the chiding. She didn't care if this broke protocol or if this was wrong. It felt absolutely right to her.

"I love you too," she murmured, resting her forehead against his and looking into his eyes. A smile crossed her lips and the softest of chuckles left her lips. Definitely not how she'd imagined the night would play out. But she was extremely glad that it had. "And it only took a kidnapping to admit it," she joked softly, reaching down and lacing her fingers through his.

"I'll do it," she replied, closing her eyes for a moment as she wondered what Fury would say. She wasn't really looking forward to finding out either. Fury was full of surprises but she was very hesitant to venture a guess as to what he'd say when he found out his second- and third-in-command were in a relationship and planning on taking off for a vacation together. "Worst comes to worst, I'll get Stark to make life model decoys of us," she said, giving a chuckle.

- - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - -

NOTES``: *is still dead*
Maria Hill
Tsaritsa of Shipping

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Coulson on Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:36 pm

"Well that wasn't too hard, it only took a alien invasion, a death, SHIELD getting smashed, and a kidnapping for the two of us to finally admit what we feel." Coulson said with a smile, he then chuckled at the scene when Fury finds out about what happened. Fury suddenly losing both of his officers in command, well Fury is certainly going to have a hard time for quite a while, "How about we also drop by New York, see how things are doing over there?" Coulson suggested, this was going to be a great vacation, perhaps the only vacation he would ever enjoy,
'No need for Life model decoys, we are too valuable to Fury, if we both ask him to jump, his only option is to reply how high?" Coulson said with a smile, he really wanted to get back at Fury for all that had happened, it would be a amusing sight to watch. Fury becoming the lap dog of Coulson and Maria, that would certainly be amusing. The rookie population may loose their respect for the Director, but rumour has it that Fury is bringing in a honey badger to use as intimidation muscle against the rookies.
Phil Coulson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Hill on Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:24 pm

- - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - -
"Well, all things considered, we did pretty well," Maria replied with a smile. "I mean, it could have taken us another two alien invasions before we admitted things, so this is pretty fast." She should have admitted things much sooner than she had. After Phil's ressurection, she'd wanted to tell him, but the right moment never came. Not only that but she'd wimped out. Go figure that Maria Hill, the woman who wasn't afraid of anything, was afraid of telling someone that she actually cared for them.

"The rebuild of the city is going quite well, by all accounts, so I'd love to see New York. Quite excited about seeing it non-crater form," she remarked with a wry smile, the memory of the World City Council ordering a missile to be sent to destroy Manhattan replaying in her mind. Because blowing up an entire city along with innocent civilians was definitely the logical thing to do. She was glad that England, at least, had gotten a new councilman after that, and a logical one at that.

"I'm rather looking forward to Fury having to deal with the rookies instead of me for a change," Maria mused, a slightly evil smirk gracing her lips. "Now he'll know what I go through on a regular basis with that lot." It probably was rather evil of her, but she was looking forward to Fury suffering at the hands of the rookies. It would be very sweet payback for all the times Maria busted her ass without so much as a thank you in return. "Although I'm not sure if there'll be much of a rookie population left when we get back. Especially if he gets Natasha to help him discipline them." For once, however, Maria decided that she didn't care what went on at SHIELD. She was tired of acting like a mother and a principal all in one. These people were supposed to be adults. They could survive without her and Coulson for a couple of weeks. After everything they'd been through, Fury owed them this.

- - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - -

NOTES``: the honey badger comment was awesome xD
Maria Hill
Tsaritsa of Shipping

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Coulson on Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:10 pm

"Hear about that New York urban legend? Man in the Suit? Stark's been calling me for quite some time, asking me to divert SHIELD resources to investigate this urban legend, Stark's a big fan of this one, story goes like this, when you are in danger, some man in a suit will pop up and kneecap people." Coulson said with a chuckle, Stark had the weirdest requests at times, Coulson himself thought this was just another one of Stark's weird requests to SHIELD. Coulson was only mentioning this whole request because if they did go to New York they might as well have some fun investigating urban legends. "Glad the city isn't a radioactive crater, that would truly be a terrible day and massive tragedy."

"I hear that Fury intends to buy a honey badger, he has been asking me find vendors for them for some time." Coulson said with a slight laugh, the rookie would be running for their lives if Fury actually went through with his threats of buying a honey badger and setting it loose on the rookie. "If he buys it, well there won't be much of a rookie population for me to save or for you to kill once we return." Coulson could not wait for this vacation to begin, it would truly be a brilliant time, and he would finally feel truly alive again.
Phil Coulson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Hill on Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:56 pm

- - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - -
Carefully getting off Phil, Maria rolled onto the bed, stretching out. "I've heard of him. Svetlana even met him," she commented. "She went for a conference in New York. Turns out a stalker ex-boyfriend of hers ordered a hit on her. Anyway, this guy shows up, pretending to be a doctor. Eventually he screws up his cover and the story comes out. Long story short, he saved her. And she shot at a lot of things. She's super proud," Maria told him with a slight shake of her head, chuckling. She paused. "Are you wanting to go all Hardy Boys on me and investigate?" she asked as she propped herself up on her elbows, raising an eyebrow in amusement. Investigating this legend could be fun. Maria was beginning to rather look forward to this vacation.

"Fury's getting a honey badger and he didn't even ask me to help?" Maria asked in mock offence, before laughing at the idea of Fury strutting around the base with a honey badger trotting at his heels. There indeed wouldn't be many rookies to come back to. Ah well. She was sure there were plenty more recruits where those had come from. With the level of competence this lot were exhibiting, it was quite tempting to just keep one or two and feed the rest to Fury's badger. Maybe she'd try and get Sitwell to save three or four of the better ones. "How many recruits d'you think would fall for his 'would you like to pet this cute ball of fluffiness' before they finally learn? I'm betting at least ten."

- - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - -

NOTES``: hillson ftw
Maria Hill
Tsaritsa of Shipping

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Coulson on Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:09 pm

Coulson was slightly surprised when Maria confirmed the existence of this urban legend, he then said with a chuckle "Well it seems for once Stark got something right." Coulson was amused that Stark's current obsession was a fact and not another one of his lets waste SHIELD's time plots. "Hardy Boys, I remember those books, great part of my childhood." Coulson said in reply when Maria mentioned Hardy boys, he then said "Why not? This urban legend does sound interesting, can't wait for this vacation to begin."

"He wanted it to be surprise I hear." Coulson said while he stared at Maria, he then laughed when Maria asked him how many of the rookie would fall for Fury's ruse with the Honey badger, "I would say you have given the rookies way too much credit, I think twenty would fall victim before they get wise." Coulson did defend the rookies alot of the time, but at the same time, he found it amusing to make jokes at the rookies expense. He did have to have his own fun, saving rookies is a tedious and at times annoying work.
Phil Coulson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Hill on Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:00 pm

- - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - -
Maria chuckling, dropping from her elbows onto the bed again. "It's super rare, but it seems to happen every once in a blue moon," Maria commented with a slight smirk. She herself had stopped listening to anything Stark said a long time ago. That man was all talk, plus he was so self-absorbed that nothing useful ever came out of his mouth. It was all Stark, Stark, Stark. At Phil's Hardy Boys comment she grinned. "Let me guess - you wanted to be a teen detective after you read them?" She wouldn't even be surprised if he still had all the books, stashed away somewhere at home.

"Twenty? Really?" she asked, looking over at Phil and raising an eyebrow. "C'mon, they can't be that dumb..." If, the death-toll (or at least injury-toll) was indeed anything over ten, Maria was seriously going to question the sanity and IQs of the recruits. As much as she bitched about them, she at least thought they would have the common sense not do anything suicidal while working here. Petting, commenting, or touching anything that was in some way affiliated with Fury was something you never did if you valued your life. It was an unspoken rule, but unspoken only because it should have been painfully obvious already. It was like accepting any sort of sweets from Dr Banner - you just didn't do it. "Although if Fury's badger weeds out a good thirty or forty, I'll be happy," she added jokingly.

- - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - -

Maria Hill
Tsaritsa of Shipping

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top