I forgot my password

Memorandums
"Earth's Mightiest Heroes" is shutting its doors here and moving to a different host. The new site can be found HERE. The admins want to thank everyone who made EMH amazing and gave us wonderful memories and fantastic rp adventures. We hope to see you on the new site! Members can still log in and get their stuff if they need.

To our wonderful affiliates: we will be re-adding you on the new site. Please bear with us :)
Messages From Midgard
Affiliates

Member Sites

Sister Sites
WONT BACK DOWNAvengers RisingSHIELD RISES !X-Men/Avengers Roleplay

Sites We <3

A Walk To Remember// Ildas

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Walk To Remember// Ildas

Post by Guest on Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:45 pm

Slipping the key into the lock of his flat's front door, he listened for the sharp click of the deadbolt sliding into place before pulling his key free and letting it fall into his pocket. The cold winter air quickly wrapped him in a frozen blanket, desperately seeking a way under his jacket to cling to his still warmed skin. Benny's hands soon found the collar of his warm leather jacket and flipped it up to provide his neck and ears some sort of protection from the cold.

Turning around, he clenched his jaw as the cold wind slapped against his cheek. He could already feel the skin begin to turn red as blood pooled just below the surface of his skin. It made his lips twist into a scowl as he took his first steps away from the warm safety of his home. Head down and gloved hands firmly shoved into his pocket, Benny kept a brisk pace as he walked off in the direction of the nearest market.

It was the quickly diminishing amount of food at home that pushed this southern American out into the biting cold of a winter London day. He hated the cold; hated how it seemed to leach the energy right out of him. It's cold grasp would clutch his muscles tightly, slowing his movements and making them clumsy. Even bundled tightly against the cold, he couldn't seem to fully escape it. Small gusts of wind liked to turn his nose and ears a rose shade of red.

New York hadn't been much better during it's winter months, but at least London didn't get blanketed with snow for a good few months. Benny assumed the trade off was the unholy amount of rain that came pouring down nearly every day of the year. Weather just sucked in general, he decided. It never did what he wanted it to.

Letting out a breath, the veteran lifted his head to eye the buildings around him. His time as an officer had been short, but it had left it's mark. He needed to know the neighborhood he was in. Where the local teen hangouts where, who liked to make trouble and who liked to try to clean it up himself, what shortcuts were likely to be used in a chase. If he didn't know where he was, that only left room for someone else to gain a leg up on him. Maybe he was a little paranoid. But only a little.

Back to top Go down

Re: A Walk To Remember// Ildas

Post by Guest on Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:22 am

Ildas was very cold, wind whipped around her and her hair tangled in the wind. She wore a yellow bandana on her head, but she'd had to tie it herself, so it fell over her eyes with ever passing wind. Her long blonde her fell from the bandana, she usually tucked it into the bandana to stay out of her way, but long strands fell past her shoulders in haphazard strands. Half of her hair remained up where she'd put it, but the other half flicked into her face and tangled with itself.

Moo brushing her hair was going to hurt tomorrow.

In a little green dress that hung off of her, she wore a white short sleeved shirt beneath the dress, and she didn't wear any shoes on her feet.

Ildas hated shoes. The way they compressed her feet, the clumsy way she had to walk, the fact that the plastic and leather would ram into any and every thing in her path. It was like strapping clumsy bricks to the soles of her feet. Heavy, dragging and annoying.

Ildas despised shoes.

Moo kept trying to convince her to wear little yellow one he'd purchased for her, but Ildas simply refused. He just didn't seem to understand that she hated shoes, she didn't want shoes.

And Ildas was stubborn that way. What she didn't want, she wouldn't put up with.

Oh, the weather was cold. She wished there would have been flecks of snow in the wind, something other then the freezing cold that didn't relent. Breathing out, Ildas giggled to see that her breath could be seen. She felt like a dragon, grinning wide, she jumped onto the top of a wall, walking along it, hands out to balance herself.

Stopping, she planted her feet on the wall, toes curled around the cold edge of the cement the wall was made of. Baring her teeth, she growled as much like a dragon as she could.

A cute roar, but to her own ear, it sounded quite threatening.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:23 am

If it had not have been for the little roar the child gave, he probably would have missed her. The girl was standing on a wall a ways down the street, obviously trying to mimic a frightening creature. Despite the cold weather, she seemed to be wearing only a green dress over a t shirt. Her tiny feet looked bare; no shoes or socks to keep her warm. Over her head was a hastily tied bandanna that couldn't decide if it wanted her hair up or down. Where was her coat? Her mittens and hat?

Initially, he was almost angered that someone let their child run around dressed like that. London wasn't the cleanest place to live; she could easily cut her foot on some of the garbage littering the street, to say nothing of the temperature. He forced himself to take a step back and see beyond what was right in front of him.

A quick glance around the street turned up no evidence of another adult around. Hell, no one was out and about on this little stretch of street. The child was probably out without the knowledge of her parents. She probably snuck out before they could see she wasn't dressed properly. He was used to taking children back to their unaware parents back in New York. Of course, then he was a boy in blue. Right now, he was a strange man with a strange child. It was a dangerous game he was playing.

Benny came to a stop just below the child. He tilted his head back slightly, his hand dangling uselessly to his side. Palms up, fingers spread slightly, showing he was no threat. Keeping a friendly smile on his face, he raised the pitch of his voice, slowing the rate at which he spoke. "Well, look at you. Aren't you a scary thing, standing up there?"

Taking a few steps forward, he held out his hand to the child, his other hand ready to help catch her if she fell. "My name's Benny. Why don't you come down here and we can talk, okay?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:04 pm

"I was told to call the police if anyone told me that." Ildas held her hands out, fingers outstretched to the cold and she walked forwards, toes first then leaning her heel into it. Like she was walking upon a tight rope. Oh, she was very cold, fingers less then reluctant to obey her and her feet felt more like clubs, but she didn't really want to hop down. She had said that comment sweetly, and like it was a joke because it was, he seemed nice, she probably wouldn't call the police on him, but she supposed that she needed to tell him that.

Adults were silly like that.

"But, I won't. 'Cus you look friendly. And you've got gloves. I haven't met an evil guy with gloves before. Haven't met an evil guy before at all!" Ildas laughed, feet growing numb and like bricks and the sensation of cement beneath the soles of her feet completly disappeared. Disoriented, Ildas' feet slid dangerously close the the edge and she leaned down, putting her palms of her hands on the cement, sitting down heavily.

"I'm Ildas, Bunnie!" Ildas giggled, misprouncing his name and deciding that she liked Bunnie for him better then Benny. Crossing her legs, the green dress covering past her legs, Ildas rubbed her hands together, breathing the warm fog that she breathed now (she had to be part dragon) and seemed dismayed that her fingers only stayed warm for a few seconds before the cold snapped right around them again, clutching her fingers and toes tightly.

Scrunching up her nose, Ildas looked down at Bunnie. "Don't think I can jump down from up here. I forgot how I got up anyway, Bunnie." Ildas looked around, down the top of the wall to see if there was any way she could jump down.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:03 pm

Benny gave a nod, his hand reaching for his back pocket. She was a trusting little thing; taking his gloves for a sign of his trustworthiness. He just hoped this little girl wouldn't fall into the trap of some twisted predator because bad guys didn't look like that. "And they're right. Just because I wear gloves doesn't make me a good guy. Bad guys are tricky and they like to hide. I mean, who would wanna look like a bad guy, right?"

Pulling out his worn out wallet, he slid his veteran card out of it's hidden spot behind all the burnt out gift cards and useless rewards cards that littered his wallet. Holding it up to the child, he made sure to keep his finger off the small picture. "But I have proof I'm not a bad guy. See? I was an American soldier. I fought to protect kids just like you.". He slid the card back in it's spot before shoving the wallet away. "I was also an American cop, but I don't have a card for that. So, I'm like a super good guy. Promise." He gave the child another bright smile.

The clumsy way she seemed to move as the cold began to affect her more worried him, especially with how high she was off the ground. He took another step forward, his blue eyes sharply trained on the girl to catch any slip of the foot. His hands flew to her sides, careful to keep some sort of distance between them as she sat. Well, that was... better, he supposed. She was less likely to tumble if she was sitting down instead of trying to balance on two thin sticks.

A laugh bubbled out of him as he was given a new nickname, though his hands never moved. Bunnie. He liked that. "Well Ms. Ildas," he said, tipping his head slightly, "it is a pleasure to make your acquaintance. Now, how about we get you down, hmm? Here, you jump and I'll catch you. It's not safe for you to be up there." After he knew she was safe on the ground, he would turn his focus to finding her parents. Maybe he could even do something to keep her a little warmer as they talked.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:17 pm

Ildas knew that she probably shouldn't trust him. Moo kept saying over and over that she needed to be more careful around others. And not assume that a bad guy was going to wear 'Bad Guy' printed across his chest or have a really twirly beard. But, he was showing her all those cards, and though she didn't know what they were, at least, until he explained them, the fact that he thought he needed to prove himself to her was evidence enough that he was a good guy.

Leaning forwards, Ildas squinted at the card. She supposed it was supposed to be important, that she was supposed to know precisely what it meant. She didn't know what a soldier or a police officer was on this planet. She'd only been on the planet for a year, tops. Ildas' teeth started to chatter, as she'd only been outside for a few minutes and the cold had delayed to affecting her tiny body. Moo had left to go get some coffee, and a half an hour later Ildas left to try to find him. I her rush, she hadn't picked up any coats, or jackets, or gloves or even a hat.

Her ears were stinging and the tips were turning bright red. Oh, she wanted a hat so badly right now. Her fingers wouldn't bend anymore, and it felt like the joints were stiff and hard. Doing her best, she tried to bend her fingers as her feet pricked at the cold and then simply felt numb. The weather was really starting to kick in and-

Oh look, her fingers finally bent.

Only slightly twitching towards her palm when they should have touched themselves to her palm. Ildas wasn't worried, because that was just what happened when you got cold. When the weather got chilly, fingers didn't want to bend! They'd be back to normal after she got home, maybe had to hot chocolate, wrapped in a blanket and singing the Ponyo theme song.

"Why's it not safe? 'M sitting down and everything. Can't fall if I'm sitting. You're silly, Bunnie. But oh kay. Here I come." The cement's cold leaked through her dress and her legs were frozen. Ildas' teeth were chattering loudly, and she started shivering. Crossing her arms,  she rubbed her upper arms, something she'd seen from Moo.

" 'M cold!" Ildas complained, teeth clacking against teeth insistantly. Ildas put her hands on the cement wall top, pushing her self up. She moved a bit to fast, and the numbness in her feet weren't helping. Stumbling back, she splayed her hands out to the sides, fingers outstretched for extra balance she managed not to fall on her head on her back and fall off the wall on the other side of Bunnie.

Ildas dragged her feet (not feeling the sensation of cement grinding against her feet anymore) and leaned down, putting her reluctant fingers on the edge of the wall and dropping her feet so that she was hanging by her hands with Bunnie behind her. Fingers slipping, Ildas let go

She didn't wonder if he'd catch her.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:56 pm

It was quickly becoming evident that the longer they stood their talking, the colder Ildas was getting. Her ears, her fingers, her nose, and her toes were no longer pink, but turning a bright red. Nothing too worrying yet; her body was just pulling the heat inward to protect her vital organs. With the temperature above freezing, Ildas wouldn't be in danger of hypothermia or frost bite for a long while, but the cold was going to begin to hurt and leave her numb after a while.

Watching as she tried to move her fingers in sort of a test of their mobility, he decided that hypothermia or not, this child needed to get inside. He would have to work fast to extract the name of her caregiver and hopefully get directions back to her house. Realistically, he knew he shouldn't move her. He should leave Ildas where she was and call the cops so they could take her home. But he had worked in a city this size before and he knew the cops could sometimes take an upwards of twenty minutes to arrive to a "non emergency" like this. Ildas would be home faster if he just took her himself.

Benny decided not to argue with her about the dangers of sitting on the wall. She was doing what he wanted and an explanation could easily turn into some sort of argument. Instead, he let her stand up on the wall again, his hands once again reached out to steady her. This time, he kept his hands even closer to reduce his reaction time if she fell over. Which Benny wasn't fully convinced she wouldn't do given how uncoordinated she was becoming. "Easy, he murmured as she stepped too close to the edge.

"When you come down here, I'll let you borrow my jacket and gloves. How does that sound?" The prospect of bearing his skin to the cold London air wasn't exactly his idea of fun, but she'd been out here without gear longer than he had. He couldn't, in good continuous, let her freeze while he stayed warm. Unfortunately, there wasn't much he could do about her feet.

He watched as she scrambled down the wall, his large hand pressed gently to her back to help guide her. As she fell, his hands slid to under her arms, grasping her tight and locking his arms to brace himself against the weight of the child as she came to a stop. "Woah, there. Gotcha," he said, slowly lowering her to the ground.

He slid his hand free of her armpits, tugging off the soft leather gloves one by one. Holding them in one hand, he tugged the zipper of his jacket down and slipped one arm free then another. "Here, hold your arms out for me, please."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:05 pm

"Moo wouldn't be able to recognise me if I did. Your coat's to big." Ildas pointed out, shaking her head at the man who'd taken off his glove as coat. He was very nice to offer her coat, and she was more then tempted to take him up on his offer. Wrap herself up in the over sized coat and have her hands get swallowed by those giant gloves. But they were his, and she knew she'd feel guilty if she took them. Guilty, but warm. A part of her mumbled, angry at the fact she had declined.

Moo was more important then a few shivers, and she was going to find him. Wherever he may be! Ildas' little green dress fell to her ankles, and her bandana fell over one eye crookedly and her long blonde hair fell around her shoulders wildly. Looking up with a smile, Ildas' eyes were wide with the wonder children had to the world that adults took for granted.

"You should put 'em back on, oh kay?" Ildas grinned wide, standing on her tip toes to appear taller, and in that way, made herself supposedly more assurtive. Much more adult, it was amazing how precious a few inches would be when it came to adults. Silly really, and adults were always telling her that she was childish!

Nothing wrong with being childish either.

She saw the world different, better. She saw it in color, saw the lights that dulled in age, and her imagination had the world dancing around her.

Oh, she didn't want to grow up.

"Moo went out for coffee, I think he got lost. I got lost too, where's the coffee store?" Ildas asked, Moo had announced he would go out for coffee and left her alone in the apartment. Ildas thought he was lying, because he didn't take her with. He always took her with! Took her to work, to the store, to the park, to the coffee shop. But he didn't take her with this time.

Ildas rubbed her eye with the back of her hand, tears welling up in the back of her eyes and a lump in her throat.

Moo didn't want her to come.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:55 pm

Moo. Her first indication of someone else in the conversation. If he had to guess, Moo was her caretaker or an older sibling she was looking for. The name was obviously a nickname she gave them as he had never heard of anyone being named after the sound of an animal. But, hey, he was on a new continent. Maybe things were weirder here.

When Ildas raised up on her toes, Benny lowered himself down so he was crouched. He wasn't there to tower over her or make himself into some sort of all knowing authority figure. Benny wanted her to trust him. To see that he wasn't just talking out his ass. The cold weather put some strain on his knees, making them creek as he lowered himself. He just bit back the urge to groan. It was the cold, he told himself. Not his age.

Benny had to smile at her insistence that he put his coat and gloves back on. Most adults wouldn't have let him keep the coat, much less insist he put it back on. It was part of the reason he liked children. They were always taught to be polite, to share and to think of other instead of themselves. By the time they grew into adults, most people lost this quality. Really, it was a shame. A lot of problems could be solved by a nice smile and some kind words.

"C'mon. You're shivering. If you won't wear them, at least get off the cold pavement, yeah?" he insisted, spreading his jacket, front down on the pavement between them. While the outside was cold, rough leather, the inside was lined with soft faux fur. It would not only be warmer to stand on, but be softer on her feet. The cement couldn't feel pleasant.

Putting his gloves down next to the coat, he rested his forearms on the tops of his thighs. His hands clasped together in an attempt to balance himself out. Resting on the tips of his toes left him a little wobbly, but by supporting his upper body, he managed to still himself with ease. He hoped eventually she would give in and pick up his gear and put it on, but he decided not to argue anymore.

His easy smile faded at the sight of tears on the child's face. Rolling forward onto his knees, Benny freed his hands to reach out and set them gently on the girl's shoulders. "Hey, hey, hey. It's alright. It's okay. You're okay," he cooed, his voice soft. His large hands moved softly up and down her small arms, hoping to calm her down.

"I'll help you find Moo, but you have to calm down, okay? If you get all worked up, then you're not gonna think right and we need you to think right." Letting his arms come to a rest on Ildas's upper arms, he gave her a gentle squeeze. "Do you know your home address? If he left for coffee, he wouldn't have gone too far from there, right?"

This was a really bad idea. He shouldn't be the one to help her; to find Moo. There were actual police here that could help her. He didn't know his way around here, nor was he actually any sort of authority figure. If Ildas got into any trouble later or Moo thought her missing, him not calling the cops as soon as he saw she was lost and taking her away from where he found her could really back fire for him. But he just couldn't bring himself to reach for his phone. His desire to help overwhelmed his desire to do the right thing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:05 pm

Bunnie had a very good point. How was she going to find Moo if she was sitting her crying her eyes out? Ildas felt a moment of panic as she found she was unable to stop, the thoughts of being left behind were to busy swirling through her mind for her to get any peace long enough to calm. And if she couldn't calm down, then she couldn't find Moo. And that thought had her panicked, she couldn't stop the tears for a second, then Bunnie started to comfort her.

He reminded her of Moo.

She never had wanted Moo to see her cry, he always got very depressed afterwards and so she simply stopped. She hadn't noticed when exactly this happened, but as time wore on, she just wound up doing so less and less when Moo was around. He made her stronger when he was around, and without her Moo, she was lost.

Ildas didn't feel like she was lost, even after she'd stepped from the safety and warmth of the apartment and wandered the streets of london alone. She didn't feel lost when she discovered that there were over twenty coffee shops he could have gone to, if he'd even gone to those. Ildas didn't feel lost when she found she couldn't go home, even if she wanted to. But now, standing here without Moo, Ildas felt very, very lost.

But, Bunnie was making things better.

He had to be the super good guy that he said he was.

Ildas wiped the tears away, calming herself down with Bunnie's help. She had to be calm, or she'd lose Moo.

Lose him forever, her mind whispered angry to have her tantrum come to an end. Ildas happily ignored such thoughts, and instead was deeply reminded of Moo when she noticed that Bunnie had laid his coat on the ground and gloves. It didn't make any sense, it was a nice coat and why would he need his gloves on the ground beside the coat to get her off of the pavement?

Ildas crouched down, picking up the coat, dragging the bottom against the pavement slightly as she lifted it by the shoulders. Ildas walked over and draped the coat crookedly on Bunnie's back, his shoulders in the beginnings of the sleeves. Leaning down, she picked up the two big gloves, fingers disinterested in bending and stiff with the cold.

Bunnie was creaking Moo when he got cold. She supposed it was what adults did when it was chilly outside...

But, come to think of it... Moo creaked when it was warm too! He just told her all the time that it was the cold. Ildas believed him, after all.. Moo would know why or when he creaked.

Ildas held the gloves in one hand, the fabrics spilling over her tiny grip. She held out her other hand, and pulled Bunnie's hand out from the other one, and pulled one of the gloves on his hand. She did the same for the other, and she yawned widely, stretching her hands above her head, fingers splayed.

She was getting tired.

"Don't know where, we move to often. He said he was going for coffee, but I think he was lying. 'M going to check anyway." Ildas turned, feet burning with contact from the pavement and teeth chattering. The cold hit littler ones harder. She of course, neglected to mention that to do this, she would check any and every coffee shop in the city. She knew Bunnie would probably tell her that idea was silly. But it really wasn't, she was going to do it, she just had to wait long enough. Besides, it would be warm! Ildas rubbed her hands together, not giving the fabrics a second thought.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:04 pm

"That's it," he soothed as Ildas calmed down. His hand went to swipe gently at a few tears that sprinkled her cheek. He didn't know if it was his words that had calmed her, but they sure as hell couldn't hurt. "See? You're gonna be alright, okay? We'll figure this out together. Promise." Whether this little girl realized it or not, she was putting a lot of faith and trust in Benny and it only made him want to work harder to prove her right.

Children had always been Benny's weakness. Had he stayed a cop in America, he would have tried to be put on a Special Victims Unit, where he could directly help the children who needed him the most. But by moving, his plan had essentially been put to a halt, for now at least. How could he become a SVU officer if he didn't even have a job as an officer? Maybe that was why he just couldn't leave this little girl here; because she was the embodiment of the people he desperately wanted to help.

This little girl was now in his charge and he would see to it that she was safe by the time they parted ways. Hopefully, that meant back with her Moo, but there was no telling if he would actually find him tonight. He could only assume that Moo would notice Ildas' absence and make attempts to find her, like alert the police or put up posters. If they were still in the little girl's neighborhood, there was a good chance they would come across Moo looking for her.

His attention was suddenly caught by the motion of Ildas reaching down. Believing she was about to put on his coat to keep herself warm, he smiled in encouragement. But she didn't. He watched her attempt to lift the heavy leather and begin to drag it over his shoulders. Something in his chest constricted as he lowered his head to give her better access to his back. This child was honestly one of the sweetest kids he had ever met.

Benny adjusted the coat to sit properly on his shoulders, unable to fight with her any longer about the coat. He let his arms be pulled towards her and kept them solid as she tugged on both gloves. Wiggling his fingers, he helped to settle the gloves on his hands.
"Thank you," he whispered as he finished slipping the coat onto his shoulders.

"Wait, wait, before you go running off, maybe we should try and find your house first," Benny suggested, rolling up and onto his feet. The creaking had gone away, but he was left with a dull throb in his knees. Okay, so maybe kneeling on the concrete wasn't his best idea. "Moo could be at home looking for you." Even if he wasn't, having a home address would help him if he needed to drop her off at the police station.

Holding out his gloved hand, he took in the stretch the girl gave. She was tired and running around would only wear her out more. Being seven, she should weigh a good ninety pounds at least. If Ildas got too tired, he could carry her for a while with little strain. Hopefully they would find Moo before then, though. He didn't know what he would do with a sleepy girl out in the cold.

"What can you tell me about your house?" He was begining to wish he had taken more time to get to know the neighborhood. If this were back in New York, he could probably get this kid back home on the description of her neighborhood alone. Here, he was feeling pretty much useless.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:53 pm

Ildas splayed her fingers, distracted by the way her finger's moved in the stiff cold. At the mention of her home, the little girl bounced up, eyes bright and a wide grin present. Bunnie obviously knew precisely what he was doing. Because even in her own, bright and ignorant mind, closed to most of the world, her idea seemed like a silly one. Bunnie was perfectly right, (Ildas decided that he must be right very, very often and as such was used to it) if they could only find her home, then she and him could wait for Moo to come back. She wasn't going to take 'no' for an answer, really. By the way Bunnie was moving, he'd turn to stone within the hour!

So distracted was she by this hope, of tantilising, harbor. That Ildas failed to recall just how little she knew how to describe her current abode. She and Moo often moved, and as such, all of the buildings they stayed in were incredibly blended in her own mind! Which was besides the unspoken fact, that Ildas was often distracted by other and far more amusing activites, then remembering even how far she had walked from her own home. Or even that perhaps Moo would get home before her, and decide to wander down the streets in the cold to find her! Why, she would have missed him completely! But, such thoughts were far from her own mind, as she was so very brightened by Bunnie's precense. She decided he must be like her, on the inside, of course!

“Oh, hum.. It's.. It's blue.. And up a few stairs, and Moo always says it doesn't have any parking.. Ah, that's the word! Apartments! We live in one of those~” Idlas put her hands behind her back, lacing her fingers into one another and swaying, eyes closed in childish pleasure at the thought of a warm home, some cocoa (Moo would have made her some), and wrapped up in a nice and cozy blanket while Moo read her a story.

-ooc
My apoligies on the length and how long this reply has been due!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top