I forgot my password

Memorandums
"Earth's Mightiest Heroes" is shutting its doors here and moving to a different host. The new site can be found HERE. The admins want to thank everyone who made EMH amazing and gave us wonderful memories and fantastic rp adventures. We hope to see you on the new site! Members can still log in and get their stuff if they need.

To our wonderful affiliates: we will be re-adding you on the new site. Please bear with us :)
Messages From Midgard
Affiliates

Member Sites

Sister Sites
WONT BACK DOWNAvengers RisingSHIELD RISES !X-Men/Avengers Roleplay

Sites We <3

All About Wi-Fi // Eleven

View previous topic View next topic Go down

All About Wi-Fi // Eleven

Post by Guest on Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:22 am

It was a very boring day for Clara Oswald, and that was not the type of day that she liked. At all. In fact, she hated boring days. She nearly always had something to do and when she didn't...she went looking for adventure, really, although there was barely ever anything around that could be considered as 'adventure'. But still, it was always a good idea to get out of the house, so Clara had gotten dressed and just left, deciding to just let her legs carry her somewhere.

She ended up at a park of some sort. What a great place to look for adventure, Clara thought to herself sarcastically. She wandered around, her hands in her coat pockets. A cold wind blew her hair around her shoulders, causing her to smile a bit. Windy days were rather...nice, in her opinion, although she didn't talk about it that much. She continued to walk, but this time more slowly, as she was in no hurry. It was actually quite early in the morning (well, it was 10:59, but that was considered early for Clara to be out and about) so people who knew Clara seemed surprised when they passed her. She smiled and nodded at them in greeting before moving on.

After a while, she decided (after a somewhat random debate) that she wanted to go to a nearby bakery that looked like a really cool place. She just hadn't had a chance to go there. She smiled and began walking in the direction the bakery was. When she got there, she pushed the door open and inhaled the smell of pastries and icing. She loved bakeries, too, although her family had always told her to watch her figure. She rolled her eyes at the thought of it, and then started looking at the display, wondering what to get. Everything looked so nice! She wasn't sure what she wanted just yet, but hey, she had all day to browse...however, she was cut short when she heard the manager complaining about the wifi. She frowned, deciding to eavesdrop. She rolled her eyes. That's how bored you are? Wow...

Outfit: Clickity-click

Back to top Go down

Re: All About Wi-Fi // Eleven

Post by The Doctor* on Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:19 am

Down the street from the bakery and the row of buildings it was a part of, there was an alleyway between a grocery shop and a dry cleaner's. Around the corner of this gap was a man in a green greatcoat backed up against the wall. His jaw was set in determination, and his right hand was clutching a strange silver and gold device. Taking a few deep breaths, he flicked the button on the device. It buzzed on and off a couple of times, the tip glowing green, until it stayed on.

"Ah-ha!" the Doctor shouted triumphantly, jumping out of the corner and pointing his sonic screwdriver out in front of him at...thin air. When he realized there was nothing there, he frowned and held the sonic up in front of his face. "What are you playing at?" he asked as he flicked it off before tapping it against his hand. "It's supposed to be here! Are you developing another glitch?" Sighing and puffing out his cheeks, the Time Lord pocketed his device and looked around. There weren't many people out on the street, but those who had seen him were giving him weird looks. It didn't bother him.

He proceeded to walk down the street, rubbing his hands together. Why had the sonic been behaving so...well, wrong? It had picked up the odd signal when his TARDIS had landed, and he'd been running around streets until he came to the corner of the alley. The source should've been right around it, according to the screwdriver, but it wasn't. And he still had to work out what the signal was exactly.

Suddenly, a possible sign presented itself as he walked past a bakery. Someone was saying something about the wifi. Well, that could've been something, couldn't it? Plenty of signals on the internet. Well, whether it was or not, hopefully it would make things a little less boring.

"What was that?" he asked, stepping into the establishment with a smile. There was the manager, and a young woman, and a delicious-looking chocolate cake that would unfortunately have to wait. Maybe later. "Something about your wifi?" He went up to the manager. "I can have a look if you like. I'm good with internet and tech and...stuff. Very good at stuff." Grinning, he winked at the woman. "Hello."
The Doctor*

£ : 9486

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Dec 31, 2013 3:50 am

Clara leaned closer to where the manager's voice was coming from, trying to listen in. But before she could, the manager stepped out and stared at her. He opened his mouth as if he was going to say something, but she cut him off. "What's this about the wifi then? Perhaps there's something I can do. I don't mean to brag or anything, but I've always been good with computers." she said, smiling. Okay, so that wasn't exactly true (although she wasn't that bad with computers, come to think of it), but she was looking for something to do and this was as good as she was going to get.

Again, the manager went to speak, but he got cut off yet again (okay, that must be annoying, Clara thought to herself) by someone entering. She managed to hide a chuckle when the guy who had entered began to talk to the manager. Either he actually is good with computers, or he's using the same excuse as I am, she thought to herself. She gave the manager a sparkly smile when he looked at her, and she grinned at the other man (in possibly a more flirty way, but she wasn't focusing on that) when he winked at her. "Hey." she responded. The manager looked between them both, then finally sighed. "Well, I suppose we need all the help we can get. Both of you follow me." he said, heading into the back room. Raising an eyebrow at the other guy, Clara followed the manager and to his computer.

"See, our normal Internet connection isn't here. We only have this one with some strange...symbols." the manager said, pointing. Clara looked at it. "And...what's so bad about that? It has full connectivity, see." she pointed out. The manager looked at her with a grave expression. "We were warned not to click that one, otherwise---" "Whoa whoa wait. Warned?" Clara asked, frowning. "Why would you be warned about wifi?" it seemed rather bizarre in her opinion.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Doctor* on Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:10 pm

When the manager told them both to follow him into the back room, the Doctor gave the woman an amused smile and comically raised his eyebrows. Rubbing his hands together, he went in with the other two. The manager pointed out the wifi connection with strange symbols. "Ooh, interesting," he claimed excitedly, going closer to the computer and peering at the screen. "The symbols seem somewhat familiar..." As he studied them, he was about to ask a question, but the woman beat him to it. "Ah, good question!" he said, turning back round to them. "Why not connect to it, then?"

It seemed that the woman was just as confused by the manager's answer as he was. "Warned?" he repeated. "That's...odd. Who warned you? Did they give any reason for it?" While he waited for an answer he reached into his coat pocket and took out the sonic screwdriver again. Twisting it and fiddling with the settings, he pointed it at the computer, making the screen fizz with static for a brief moment.

"A warning might mean something fishy about this connection, then. I could try tracking it and finding out more. So come on, tell me! Who warned you and what do you know?" While he talked, he frowned to himself, tapping the sonic a little in an attempt to urge it on. "Let's hope it's the one I'm looking for..." he muttered.
The Doctor*

£ : 9486

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:09 am

The manager frowned. "Are you two working together?" he asked. Clara raised an eyebrow, shaking her head. "We've never met before." she said. "And anyway, this isn't about us. Come on, what do you know about this whole situation?" she asked, crossing her arms and giving the manager a stern look. It had the desired effect; he sighed and his shoulders drooped. "We were told that if we click on that particular signal, we will be taken away." "By who, though?" Clara persisted, frowning slightly.

"We don't know. The person who told us vanished the next day, perhaps proving his point." "Well, you can't know for sure that he was serious." Clara pointed out. "Although it's better to be safe than sorry." she looked towards the man with the bow tie, and when her eyes fell on said bow tie, she grinned. "A bow tie! Cool." she shook herself. "Anyway, what do you suggest?" she asked Bow Tie Man.

"The only other thing I know is that once you are taken, you forget everything. Who you are, your purpose...everything. It's like a clean slate." the manager continued. Clara frowned, biting her lip. "Sounds serious." she said, walking towards the computer and looking for the connection with the symbols. "Well, perhaps it's a lot easier to just click it and find out?" Clara offered, and she placed her hand on the mouse, unable to contain her curiosity. She moved the mouse towards the signal they were worrying about. "No!" the man said, pushing her away from the computer and causing her to stumble. "I don't want to disappear!" he continued.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top