I forgot my password

Memorandums
"Earth's Mightiest Heroes" is shutting its doors here and moving to a different host. The new site can be found HERE. The admins want to thank everyone who made EMH amazing and gave us wonderful memories and fantastic rp adventures. We hope to see you on the new site! Members can still log in and get their stuff if they need.

To our wonderful affiliates: we will be re-adding you on the new site. Please bear with us :)
Messages From Midgard
Affiliates

Member Sites

Sister Sites
WONT BACK DOWNAvengers RisingSHIELD RISES !X-Men/Avengers Roleplay

Sites We <3

Mind Control // Loki

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Mind Control // Loki

Post by Guest on Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:44 pm

Micheal looked down from the heads of the fellow Senators and Representatives to the paper that was set on the podium in front of him, "So I ask you. That if and when I become President of this great nation of ours. That we knock down the barricades of the parties so that we can work together as partners..as brothers and sisters to restore our nation to her former glory." The man looked our, smiling lightly as everyone started to applaud, some standing. With a wave of his hand, then shaking hands as he made his way out of the large room.

<><><><>

In his office Micheal sat there for a moment learning the reviews of his speech. He was shocked that a large sum of those that listened were very happy with it.. and just as many were thinking that he will be the one to come out on top. Pressing a button on the remote as he set it on his desk, Micheal pulled a file over to him and opened it up.

He sat there for a moment or two before picking his pen up and started to write somethings down on the paper before on of his guards came and whispered that he had a guest in his ear, "Well then. Let him or her in." Micheal said calmly before returning to his work. He looked up for a moment to the gentleman that walked in, one of guards closing the door, "Please have a seat..." The Senator gestured to one of the chairs, as he closed the file up and placed his pen down on top of it, "What can I help you with?" The Senator leaned back in his seat.

Back to top Go down

Re: Mind Control // Loki

Post by Loki on Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:16 pm

Just because he was meant to be stuck in some cell did not mean that Loki couldn't have his fun. Nor did it have to restrict him. Midgard was rightfully his if he was denied Asgard. He was a god! These mortals worshiped him. Or at least they had feared him, done whatever he asked. Where was that fear now? That respect he deserved! Instead the mortals now challenged their gods without question and created monsters capable of rivaling their strength like the green beast, the pet of the team that called themselves the Avengers.

Things would change. Loki would make that certain.

Having already put Midgard on high alert with that little New York incident, Loki was now being subtle. If full on and honest domination could not be accepted by these beings then he would resort to what he loved best; Mischief, Cunning, Lies.

Sitting in the waiting room, Loki had taken on the guise of a tall ginger man who bore some similarities to the god himself but no one could realise that this was indeed Loki. A small smirk played across his features at the sound of feet moving his way and a soft voice telling him that the Senator would see him. Midgard was as good as in the bag. Once he had America under his control, the other superpowers would follow, then Midgard would fall. And this would be before Thor, Odin or even the Avengers could act. And how would they deal with it anyway? Midgard would have already been lost.

Walking inside, Loki stood, looking at the Senator and taking in the whole situation. Communications. That needed to be taken care of. Nothing a little magic couldn't fix and already the trickster was working on short circuiting the phone and panic button. He looked up briefly as the Senator spoke, offering him a seat. The door was now closed, the room sealed enough. Two guards were the only others and Loki could deal with them easily.
I prefer to stand," Loki said, moving forwards, shedding the illusion and revealing himself - armour and all.

"And you have the honour of working for me now," He said, grin plain on his face as he raised his arms, two silver knives glinting wickedly in his hand, each aimed at a guard. The fear on their face was satisfying, it spoke of an action well executed and Loki savoured the moment as he prepared to move in for the kill.
Loki

£ : 8409

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:26 pm

Micheal looked up to the stranger. It felt odd to have someone come in and refuse a seat.. but perhaps the stranger's back was hurting or something after waiting for who knows how long in the lobby to see him. Perhaps he was one of the few that were here to quickly criticize his Candidacy Speech. The Senator nodded, "Very well. You may stand if you choose to." He looked up to see the appearance of the man changed..

The Senator reached down to press the silent alarm button, looking to the guards.. the blades sinisterly pressed to their necks, ready to finish the job. Since no one appears to coming through the door like they were meant to Micheal guessed that the silent alarm is not working. Wanting to make sure he picked the phone up but there was no sound coming from the machine.

Putting the phone back onto the cradle Micheal then looked up to Loki. He looked to the guards then to the God of Mischief again, "Wait.. don't kill them." The Senator calmly stood up, a hand raised, "Please do not kill them. There does not need to be any blood shed." He said as he walked around his desk and approached the guards.

He moved the blades away from one of the two guard's throats, Micheal was not entirely sure how he could guarantee that his two guards will live.. He had not even a clue of who he was dealing with at the moment. That was until one of the two jumped at Loki.

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki on Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:43 am

The ignorance of mortals was easily preyed upon and Loki had his plan to ensure that this human would follow his commands. After all, he needed a human figure to do all the public work while he pulled the strings. This man would gain power and Loki would control that – thus gaining leadership of America. At some point he would have to reveal himself but that would be later; once the rest of the world leaders had fallen to him.

A smirk appeared across his face as the senator moved to press the silent alarm, an alarm that would bring him no help. It was too late.

In seconds Loki had the guards by the throat, deadly silver blades gently pressed against the skin. No killing force applied yet. They weren’t prepared for this. They had only a few years of training but Loki had lived a life time of practice in combat as well as magic. What hope had they? It was magic that had dealt with the guns. A spell had frozen the metal to such a temperature that the men had to drop the weapons or risk frost burn.

The guards had gotten the idea – they shouldn’t move an inch and Loki’s green eyes looked at the fear that glowed in them. They couldn’t cope with meeting real power.

Eyes suddenly snapped to the Senator as he moved around, having given up on trying to get help. His head turned slightly to the left as the mortal asked for him to not kill them and his lips opened, revealing teeth as he took a breath through his mouth calming the urge to kill. He was here to rule the mortals as a benevolent leader, not to give in to his true heritage. He could accept these demands, it would be wise to. Loki allowed the man to move the blades from the guard’s throats. He was content with their fear – it would lead to obedience. Plus the Senator had just revealed a weakness; it seemed that he would be willing to bargain to protect lives.

Then one of the mortals made a mistake and leapt at Loki. The trickster responded immediately, turning with grace, blade shinning in the light as he aimed the knife with expert precision. In that short amount of time, the guard was close enough that the knife didn’t even have to leave Loki’s hands. It slipped between the ribs, puncturing the lung. It was an honourable death – a death in battle.

”Do not test me,” Loki said, voice low and dangerous as he shoved the body to the floor and looked at the two remaining mortals.
”Your lives are in my hand, there is nothing you can do.” He said calmly, not at all fazed by the sudden death that he had caused. Walking around the two, Loki arrived by the chair that the Senator had. Still not as good as a throne. He frowned slightly and then looked back up at them.
”Now, you are going to obey my every word.”
Loki

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:56 pm

Micheal stood there in shock as the guard foolishly but accidentally plunged himself into one of the two blades. He caught the bloke as he fell back but it was too late to do anything.. The Senator stood up and watched as the God of Mischief circled around his desk.

He looked to the remaining guard, there was two of them. Just how could their lives be in his hands when the stranger was the one who was out numbered. Micheal looked to his guard and then walked up to the desk, placing his hands on it, "Why should we listen to you? Why should I listen to you?" The Senator glared coldly, "You are out numbered."

The Senator had no idea as to who or what he was messing with but the man in front of him was not like anything he had not dealt with before. He kept his gaze on Loki as the guard whispered in his ear. He looked to the other man and shook his head then looked back to Loki, "No.. We can't. No communications. They are cut. We are cut off." He could see the panic in the guard's eyes, but Micheal knew it was best to remain calm. Panic was the worst reaction that could happen in this type of situation.

Micheal frowned, "What exactly do you want with me? Why out of so many Senators did you chose to hold me hostage?"

The Senator had no idea that is was all because he was running for President.. or the fact that he was the one who many are saying will win the elections with almost a landslide. He did not even have a clue on how to get out of this situation. Was there a chance that this guy could read minds or tell that he was up to something if Micheal were to try communicating with someone else?

The Senator felt something buzz in his pocket and pulled his cellphone out of his pocket. It was his mother.. He pushed the answer button and placed the phone next to his ear, "Hi mom.. Yes I am alright. Thank you.. Listen we will have to talk some more tomorrow I have a lot of work to do in order to prepare for a speech I am to give in California later this week. Yeah I will call you. Sleep well." He paused for a moment as he listened to his mother a little bit more, "Love you too." And with that he hung up and placed his phone back into his pocket, guessing that no the device will not be working any more.

That was when he remembered his voice recorder that was in his pocket. He always used it to record reminders for birthdays or other important events.. maybe he can use that somehow. But as the Senator thought about it, the more he started to doubt that it would work. So far it appeared that this bloke knew everything about the security, how to get in, and maybe was the one to have short circuited all things that could be used to communicate with the outside world. Maybe he could play along and leave a trail.. That might be the safest route.

"I will do everything that you say.. as long as you do not harm anyone.. starting with the guard." He said quietly as Micheal started to realize just what sort of situation he was in. It would sound to the two other people in the room that he was actually admitting defeat.

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki on Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:53 am

A cruel grin appeared on Loki's face as he watched the shock on the Senator's face. The mortals were so easily shaken by death. Their frail lives were so easily taken you would have thought that they would be used to it by now. Thousands died every day - what was one more? Looking at the chair that the Senator had sat on, Loki frowned slightly. It really wasn't regal enough for someone like him but it would have to do. He waved his hand, placing an illusion on the seat so it looked more like a throne and then he sat, a smug look washing across his face as he leaned slightly to the left, regarding the two, knives still in hand.

Cold green eyes watched the Senator placed his hands on the desk and the trickster listened to his words, no emotion showing on his empty face. Was this supposed to be a threat? Slowly a smirk crept upon his face and he leaned forwards, eyes now alight with a strange yet dark gleam.
"I am a god, that is why you should listen to me," Loki said, looking into the man's eyes, not blinking.
"You cannot harm me, your guard cannot harm me. You are both out powered and that is all that matters," His voice was cold like frosty Jotunnheim and in the spirit of dramatics, Loki slightly lowered the temperature of the room. They key to getting others on your side was to be subtle when possible. He shot the guard a grin, revealing pearly white teeth before his expression blanked again. Fear was a useful weapon.

Watching as the Senator and the guard spoke, Loki's green eyes were calm and he slowly leaned back on the chair that now appeared to be a throne, acting as if he had all the time in the world. And to be fair, he did have a lot of time spare. The doors were sealed, the phone cut off. Nothing could disturb them. Amusement shone in Loki's eyes as he saw the guard's panic at being told that they were cut off. Mortals really did fear too much. But it was interesting that the Senator was managing to keep his calm, certainly something that Loki respected. With any luck this partnership would go well. Even if it was a bit forced.

At the question, Loki gave a grin and sat up, no longer leaning backwards.
"Oh, there are many senators, Micheal Jefferson but not so many running for presidency and certainly not as many who are as successful as you are," Loki explained, grinning with amusement. How could the mortal not realise that? It seemed obvious to Loki that he intended to take over but then again, these mortals could be incredibly ignorant.

Just then the mortal pulled something out and Loki's gaze hardened. A phone. Without a wire. Loki mentally cursed for not being prepared for such a thing. It was wise to wait for him to finish to not attract attention. He would only react if he had to and that was only if the mortal started to reveal what was happening. Upon hearing the word 'mum', Loki's expression suddenly hardened for a second before going blank. His mind was suddenly drawn to the woman that he had thought of as mother. That was the only link to his old self and he could not deny that he still felt comfort from the thought of her. What would she think about him now. About this plan? It didn't matter.

The call ended and Loki cast another spell to prevent it being used again while in his presence. Blocking the signal. He wasn't going to allow any communications before he had his chance to make sure that this mortal was going to give into his demands. Listening to the demands in silence, Loki looked from the Senator to the guard, his eyes moving slowly. Again the man wanted to protect life. Such small things they worried about.
"I won't spare his life because you have asked. But I shall spare it all the same." Loki said after appearing to think on the topic.
Loki

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:28 pm

The Senator kept his hands placed flat on the desk, looking down to the wood under his hands then to Loki. He took a second longer to speak up, wanting to not sound like he was panicked because deep down he is panicking. But if he shows it, then the guard will surely start to panic and do something stupid. The Senator could not allow either of the remaining two men to start panicking, "Everyone refers to themselves as a god or a goddess. You are no different from other men... Perhaps we are out gunned here. But we have the numbers."

He pushed himself off the desk and took a couple steps away, thinking quietly. Taking in what Loki has told him, "So why not take a Senator who is not running and have him or her run against me? Because I may be the one on the losing side. I may sound good in ideas and how I speak. But that does not mean anything." The man looked to the man in the chair, that now looks more like a thrown than a office chair.

He looked to the guard as he stated that he will not be sparing the guard's life.. The Senator placed a hand on his forehead, pondering of what he could say to sway Loki from his decision. But then he said that he will spare the guards life. Micheal placed a hand on the guard's shoulder and walked the man to the door, "Do not for the lives that could be at stake.. do not breath a word of what is taking place in this room." Then the guard started to speak, the Senator raised his hand to silence the other man, "I will make sure that nothing like that happens. Now go." He pushed the man out the door and closed it.

Turning around Micheal looked across the room to Loki, "Alright.. start talking. What exactly do you want me to do.. and so on. If you want me, you have to state what you want clearly." Micheal was now standing in front of the desk, his hands on the desk once again. But seeing that he will not be getting his seat back anytime soon, the Senator sat down in one of the two chairs that stood behind him, pulling it up so he can rest his arms on the desk. His gaze remained on Loki.

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki on Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:53 pm

He could tell that the Senator was struggling with this situation. Any ordinary person may have missed it but Loki was good. He had years of practice and the art of lying and tricking others was practically invented by him. As the mortal said that everyone said they were a god, Loki gave a soft laugh. How blind the mortals were to not even realise the truth when it stood before them, plain to the eye to see?
"For such a successful man, you are remarkably blind," He commented, leaning forwards so his elbows were resting on his knees. His voice dropped slightly, taking on a deep and reverberating tone.

"I have seen your people grow from their primitive tribes in the ice gripped lands of the north. I have shaped their lives and played in the stories. I have watched the sun rise and the moon fall more times than you can imagine. Believe it or not, oblivious or not, you cannot deny, you are in the presence of a god."

After all, he had performed a few tricks and certainly not ones that mortals could manage. He doubted the man could continue to believe that he was a normal man after such tricks but he could always change that. After all, he had a whole bag of tricks up his sleeves. And several spare bags as well. At the question, Loki sat up again - he rarely kept to one position. Movement was good.
"You are in with a good chance of winning. Why pick something that needs work when I already have someone with a clear chance towards the goal? Almost delivered on a silver platter" Loki questioned calmly.

Sparing the guard's life had been a simple act and Loki allowed the doors to be opened for the guard to leave. He would have to do something about the dead one, Loki considered. Take it with him and dump it somewhere was likely to be the best option. He could do that without attracting attention with his magic although it would be a bit more of a strain than his more common tricks. Still, it couldn't be helped. His green gaze followed the man out of the room before returning to the Senator and watching as the mortal approached him before taking a seat and leaning forwards. The trickster mirrored his position, only a dark and mischievous grin shone on Loki's face.

"You are going to win the elections and you will do it for me. Once you have won, all decisions that are passed will go through me. You will be a face. Nothing more, nothing less. If you try to defy me, people will die, Micheal. People will die and you will suffer." He explained, voice dangerous and eyes cold and calculating.
Loki

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:03 pm

The Senator sat there listening to Loki, he came to the conclusion that Loki had chosen to use him for whatever goals he had in mind perhaps because Micheal Jefferson did have the best odds of winning the Presidential Race for the White House. The man bit his tongue to keep himself from speaking up as the God of Mischief and Lies continued to speak.

Secretly when Micheal was letting Loki out of the room, he placed his finger on the record button of his voice recorder. He hoped that Loki did not know what the Senator was up to.. perhaps if he got enough recorded and out to the world, someone will act. But looking at the grin on the god's face was not only telling Micheal the possible answer, but also made Micheal wish that he could just reach over and erase that grin off his face.

Micheal tilted his head a little but just for a moment as he thought up a response, "I don't know if I should run now. If you are just going to be controlling what should pass and not pass for your own good instead of letting me take care of the people that I have sworn to protect.. then I see no reason to run." He frowned visibly at Loki, "You can threaten to make me suffer or kill me.. but when it is my own life you can do as you please. Harm anyone else but me and I will find a way for you to be found out."

The Senator leaned back in his seat for a moment to stretch his back as it started to feel extremely tight and painful. Already he was worried. Perhaps he should just give into his demands and just run. Perhaps he can find a way to do his job as President without Loki finding out about the work he secretly does behind the God of Mischief's back while doing as Loki asked just to keep him in check until the moment comes that he can thwart what ever plan it is that Loki has in mind of seeing done.

Slipping his coat off and letting it slump down into the chair he was sitting in the Senator rolled his sleeves up to just under his elbows and leaned back onto the table, "As President. I would rather do the work that will take care of my people that I have sworn to protect than do what it is that you want to see done."

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki on Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:26 pm

Green eyes never left the Senator, almost seeming to be staring him down. Keeping the threat was important and Loki was not going to let this slip. He was dangerous and the mortal was not allowed to forget this. Soon he would have this continent of America in his grasps, then the world would fall. The mortals would kneel as they should. They would worship him as they should.

Listening to the Senator's words, a wolf like grin spread across Loki's face and he gave a soft laugh. The mortal thought that he had influence - that he might be able to control the situation. Laughable.
"Oh, I intend to be a benevolent ruler. With my thousands of years experience, how could I not be a useful person to make sure that you humans don't spoil your lives anymore. After all, you already murder each other in droves - you need to be ruled." Loki said, his voice becoming silky smooth as he attempted to win this man over by not only threats but words as well.

"But if you cross me, I will hunt down all that you love and annihilate it." He said, his voice still slightly silken but stained with the dark taint of death.
"And trust me," He said, tone dropped slightly and the softness took over again.
"I can make their deaths slow and painful. And I can do the same to your very existence." Loki said, leaning forwards as if eager to let the mortal try and defy him. Threat. It was so easy to use and toying with mortals was such fun. He wondered whether it was worth demonstrating his power to the Senator but he decided against it. After all, he may need to show off later. Better wait for the right moment.

The Senator spoke again, reinforcing his point about wanting to work for the people and not for what Loki wanted but in response the trickster sighed and returned to his silken voice.
"We both work for the same cause, Michael. We both want what is best for humanity. I intend to set the people free but there are many who would appose me. Accuse me of being false, of having fallen. I cannot help these misguided fools. All I ask is for you to help me on the path to setting humanity free, ending the countless, pointless deaths. True I will stop at nothing but that is because I believe in the future that I will create."
Loki

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:45 pm

The Senator wondered why a grin appeared on the other man's face. Micheal did not say anything funny so why smile? Unless he said something that the other man liked. He's seen people smile when something grabbing was said.. perhaps that is the reason why. He nodded lightly, if the man was as old as he said he was.. his knowledge could be very useful, "But you are aware that you cannot just walk out and say 'stop killing each other'.. they will just stand there laughing at you if you did that."

Getting a little bit more comfortable Micheal sat back in his seat as much as his brace will allow him to do so. He frowned visibly to Loki pondering, "Well why would you threaten me and my citizens with pain and death when those are the things you are wanting to prevent us humans from doing to each other?" The man adjusted himself in his seat before putting a finger to his cheek, trying to play the other man's game of what appeared to be a game of psychology.

But it was what Loki said next that caught Micheal completely off guard. He sighed and looked away for a moment to take in what the God of Mischief had told him, "Well.. I can see there that is why you are wanting to use me.. I want the best not for America but for the world. I was intending to use America as an example for the rest of the world in hopes of the other nations following suit. A peaceful world where no one has to fear being persecuted, war, or other forms of pain and sorrow.." But then Micheal realized he never got the other man's name, "But if you really want me to trust you.. you have to tell me exactly who you are besides telling me that you are a god."

With that the Senator got to his feet and moved to a cabinet, rather stiffly though. But he thought that perhaps the short walk will do a little bit of good. Opening it he got two drinks before walking back over to Loki and handing the other man one of the two glasses. Then sat back down in his seat across from Loki.

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki on Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:06 am

Giving a low chuckle at the Senator's words, Loki's grin once more became darker. As if he would simply ask the mortals to stop fighting. No, when he was King he would bring peace through unity. A country did not fight itself. Especially not when the ruler would deal with offenders swiftly and justly.
"You don't need to know about that, not yet. But if it helps your little mind, I have a plan." Loki said - not one to divulge all his schemes before the correct moment. He had seen how important secrecy was when he had faced the Avengers. If one figured out enough it could be devastating. Loki as not going to ruin his chance of being king.

Watching as the man lay back, Loki got the impression that the man was relaxing some more. Eyes scanned his face and the trickster decided that the other's guard was not going to be let down. Not yet. At the question, he leaned back as well.
"Let's put it this way; you mortals need a ruler as much as you are apposed to it. It is the unspoken truth that you crave subjugation. But if some resist, then they must be brought round, even if lives must be lost." He said calmly, not looking bothered by the question as the game continued.

Suddenly the Senator broke eye contact and that was a score for Loki and he pressed his lips together, watching the man like a hawk. Then the mortal spoke and Loki realised that he had another way to manipulate this man. What was best for the world.
"Then work with me, Michael. Join my cause and we can build that world." He said, voice soft and soothing.

Then the man asked for his name and Loki's brows moved down slightly as he thought about how he was going to answer this. He couldn't tell his name. But he had plenty of other names that he could use.
"Some call me Skywalker, others Scarlip, the Hawk's Offspring, Maker of Mischief, Cunning As and the Trickster. But what are names but things we hide behind?" He replied calmly.

Keeping his gaze on the man as he walked over to the drink's cabinet, Loki was pleased with the resulting drink and he sniffed the liquid. He was no stranger to alcohol although he knew that most mortals no longer drank mead which was the favoured drink in Asgard.
Loki

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top