I forgot my password

Memorandums
"Earth's Mightiest Heroes" is shutting its doors here and moving to a different host. The new site can be found HERE. The admins want to thank everyone who made EMH amazing and gave us wonderful memories and fantastic rp adventures. We hope to see you on the new site! Members can still log in and get their stuff if they need.

To our wonderful affiliates: we will be re-adding you on the new site. Please bear with us :)
Messages From Midgard
Affiliates

Member Sites

Sister Sites
WONT BACK DOWNAvengers RisingSHIELD RISES !X-Men/Avengers Roleplay

Sites We <3

Dr. John Watson

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dr. John Watson

Post by John Watson on Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:54 pm

Dr John Watson

“ I always hear "Punch me in the face" when you're speaking, but it's usually subtext.”

Driver picks the music, shotgun shuts his cake hole.

Full Name: John Hamish Watson
Nicknames/Aliases: Hamish, Watson
Home Town: London, England

I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research.

Species: Human
Sexual Preference: Straight
Marital Status: Widower
Nationality:  English
Ethnicity: British
Eye Colour: Hazel / Blue
Hair Colour: Brown, starting to go gray so his hair looks like a platinum brown/blonde
Defining Features: If a person was the catch him with his shirt off, they will find that he has scars on his upper body, as well as the bullet wound that he received during a gun fight in Afghanistan. He also has another bullet wound on his leg. Despite his age, Watson is very well built, which has been maintained thanks to working with Sherlock Holmes.
Face Claim: Martin Freeman

Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. Give me time. And a crayon.

Personality: John Watson is a man of military stature, he has a psychosomatic limp in his right leg associated with a intermittent tremor ( which is a form of PTSD, and at times leaves him dependent on his cane when he is having a bad day). His therapist believes he has trust issues which does appear to be shown with his love relationships when he shows more commitment to Sherlock Holmes than his own girlfriend. He is very caring and loves the excitement of the ma-cob. he enjoys Sherlock's company despite Sherlock's cold calculating nature which tends to dissipate a few times when he helps John out of trouble. Despite John's caring attribute he is also a good shooter and is able to take a force of action when he needs to.

He does tend to get along with police much better than Sherlock Holmes however, in that sense it does help them both out. He always is near Holmes well almost always everyone needs a break every now and then. He also tends to take care of the more practical things such as cleaning or picking up the groceries. He is very protective which probably derives from his military nature. he doesn't have very many family members left which can sometimes depress him during the holidays.

Skills and Talents: Hand to hand combat, gun usage ( Hand guns as well as rifles). He knows how to use a knife (Most likely due to his military training ). Watson is probably one of the best doctors around in London. He knows morse code and can communicate to others on the team with this skill if anyone else on the team besides Sherlock knows morse  code.
Powers: John Watson does not have any powers.

Family don't end with blood, boy.

Parents: Hamish Watson, Sarah Watson
Siblings: Harriet 'Harry' Watson
Other Important Figures: Sherlock Holmes, Molly Hooper, Amy Pond, Mrs. Hudson
History: Military Service: John joined the military after completing his medical training, signing up as an officer. He would have started off with a low officer's rank, possibly as a lieutenant at first. At some point he was put before the Army Officer Selection Board, and after being accepted went through leadership and other training courses. He served with the Fifth Northumberland Fusiliers.

Before meeting Sherlock, and after returning to London from Afghanistan, John had several medical issues: a psychosomatic limp in his right leg, and bullet wound in his left shoulder (a reference to the canon), using a cane on his right side. As well, his left hand had an "intermittent tremor". His therapist noted John had "trust issues" and diagnosed him with PTSD, the latter of which Mycroft (Sherlock's brother) later subverted, saying John is not "haunted by the war" but rather misses it for the excitement. Following a chase around London with Sherlock, John's limp disappears (and so, presumably, does the tremor).

John is also shown to be loyal and courageous, with a strong sense of personal integrity. His "strong moral principles" are likely a result of his medical training and army service. He refuses Mycroft's offer to pay him to spy on Sherlock, despite only having just met Sherlock at this time (and not knowing that Mycroft was his brother). He is willing to occasionally use deadly force, but he is only ever seen to do so when someone else's life is in immediate danger. He shows no visible signs of regretting his actions afterwards.

In the second series John is referred to as Sherlock's P.A. and is not shown working any other job. He is alluded to have had a number of short-lived relationships with women - one of whom is shown ending their relationship due to John's commitments to Sherlock, saying, sarcastically, that "He [Sherlock Holmes] is a very lucky man."

The only member of John's family that has been alluded to thus far is his sister, Harriet (aka Harry), with whom he has strained relationship as a result of her alcoholism and recent divorce. During their first case together Sherlock deduced that John had refused to accept help from Harry after being invalided out of the army, even though the fact that she gave John her old phone was an indication that she wanted to stay in touch with her brother. John illegally carries an unmodified British Army L9A1 Sig Sauer.

Until such time as the world ends, we will act as though it intends to spin on.

Alias: Avril
Contact Information: PM
Other Characters: None
How Did You Find Us? Sent the link by Calypso

I have searched for the phrase "I shall walk the Earth and my hunger shall know no bounds," but I keep getting redirected to Weight Watchers.

Roleplay Sample: After some very unpleasant events in London that resulted in the death of his wife and unborn child John packed up and left London all together without saying a word to any one, not even to Sherlock. It was in fear that they would have forced him to stay when really he just wanted to get away in order to live the quiet life he wanted after leaving the military.

He was done with this S.H.I.E.L.D business and wanted nothing else to do with them. Not even knowing that HYDRA practically destroyed the organization brought him out of his hiding. It was not like he had problems of his own. His PTSD was back with a vengeance now that his mind was filled with other horrors.

He did not exactly start off on the right foot either when he got to Vancouver, British Colombia as he started the bad habit of drinking to numb the pain that he was feeling. He even grew out a beard and colored his hair to hide from the very organization he ran away from. But he continued working as a doctor, eventually starting up his own clinic.

Now in the dead of night John Watson is sitting in his rather large apartment unaware that he has been found as he typed away on his computer, "Next time. Have a friend with you when you rock climb. Stupid spazz." He mumbled quietly before taking a quick swig of his whiskey. He slammed the bottle down as he put it back onto the table and moved to the window to close it as it started to rain.

Credit goes to Theta of CAUTION 2.0
Edits by Miss Calypso

Last edited by John Watson on Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:51 am; edited 6 times in total
John Watson

£ : 10402

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top