I forgot my password

Memorandums
"Earth's Mightiest Heroes" is shutting its doors here and moving to a different host. The new site can be found HERE. The admins want to thank everyone who made EMH amazing and gave us wonderful memories and fantastic rp adventures. We hope to see you on the new site! Members can still log in and get their stuff if they need.

To our wonderful affiliates: we will be re-adding you on the new site. Please bear with us :)
Messages From Midgard
Affiliates

Member Sites

Sister Sites
WONT BACK DOWNAvengers RisingSHIELD RISES !X-Men/Avengers Roleplay

Sites We <3

Say My Name (The Trickster)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Say My Name (The Trickster)

Post by Loki on Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:46 am

Well, the last time he had been on Midgard had not been so fortunate and Loki was not too curious as to what might happen if he was forced to interact with the mortals that dwelled here. Midgard was a realm of beings beneath him, why should he care what actions they may take? No, what interested him was the strange host of beings that appeared on this realm. It seemed that those of Asgard were not the only ones who frequented the planet.

Despite supposedly having to be in a cell for some unjust punishment (apparently destroying a Midgardian city and trying to subjugate a realm is frowned upon), Loki had managed to make his way out without too much difficulty. It was possible that he may have to return to the prison to keep up appearances but for now he was allowed to have a relatively free time on the other realms. So why had he chosen Midgard, the home to the team that had defeated his attempt to take over this very realm?

The truth was that the trickster was curious and slightly annoyed. Word traveled fast, especially to ears that were open and willing to listen. So it was that Loki heard of another being, another trickster who had taken on the name of the god of mischief and lies. While some may be impressed that their own name had inspired others, Loki did not allow this feeling to enter him. His name was his own and it should not be sullied by the actions of another. It was also a cowardly action, to hide under the name of another (or even an alias like those mortal 'heroes') and Loki intended to get to the source of this - even if he did have to eradicate the other. But one key thought played upon his mind - if this impostor shared a similar enjoyment of mischief, then he may well prove to be a useful ally. As long as this stranger resorted to his own name instead of stealing that of the god.

Some might say that it would be difficult to locate a single being in the vastness of the nine realms but Loki was skilled. After all, he did have to hide his presence here from others, including the far sighted Heimdall - which was no easy feat but one that Loki had mastered years ago. Still, he would allow his presence to be noted by this other being - the one he would face.
Let's see how this goes, Loki thought and a grin spread across his features as he waited for what only the Norns could now predict.
Loki

£ : 8739

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Say My Name (The Trickster)

Post by Guest on Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:30 pm

The youngest archangel had appeared in a small town in Indiana, he had been here once before, and it was the place that he last stood before the coldness of death had taken him. He had come here for no particular reason, not expecting much. It was a little strange that he had come here on his own free will again, that he would stand in the very town that held the Elysian Fields Hotel that his older brother had killed him in. He wondered how many of his siblings knew that he was dead, he wondered how many of them actually mourned the coward archangel that had run away from home because he couldn’t stand a little fighting from his older brothers. It still hurt him to think of it though.

The Trickster was keeping a small ear on the Winchesters as he always had. He knew they were involved with something bigger, and he really didn’t care to know the story but he could sort of guess. A lot had gone on since his death and he really didn’t care if he was all caught up or not. He let out a sigh and he started walking along the sidewalk that was touched by the twilight of the evening. The town was a bit bigger than Gabriel had thought though.

The Trickster had thought about finding someone to play his big prank on and he decided that it was probably a good idea to get his mind off of things. The Trickster continued to stroll down the street when he came across a few people robbing a convenient store. A smirk appeared on his face as he snapped his fingers and the cables; plugs and wires shot out and tied the guys up. Gabriel turned around and he then heard it. Blood splattered the windows. Sure, killing people for robbery was a bit extreme but Gabriel just didn’t care anymore.

He had shoved his hands into his pocket and pulled out a chocolate bar and un-wrapped it. He took a bite and started walking down the street again, dropping the wrapper on the floor.

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki on Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:19 am

While Midgard was definitely not one of Loki's preferred places to be, the god did intend to make sure that his time here would be well spent and it wasn't long before he caught the presence of the very impostor that he was looking for. His face warped into a grin at this fact. It seemed that his journey out of the prison cell would prove to be fruitful after all. It was time to confront the other.

Silently, the dark haired being slipped through the mortal town, unnoticed by prying eyes that may seek to try and attempt to bring him to their false justice once more. This little adventure would not be noticed by them, those who would wrongfully imprison him - they had no need to know and Loki preferred it that way. Better to keep your enemies in the dark so that when just a sliver of light was revealed they would follow blindly. All it took was a word or two and some magic.

Just behind the other trickster now, Loki caught the display that the being had created and his green eyes scanned over the red scene. Well, this was certainly promising. There was no better way to annoy the 'Avengers' than to leave a litter of bodies for no apparent reason. After all, everyone had gotten so worked up over New York and Loki felt perfectly justified in that. Then again, it was possible that this impostor had a purpose in his actions, the god was well aware that these mortals had been thieving in their last few moments. And this is what his 'brother' protected. It would have been simpler to let him rule these Midgardians.

However, the time was not to dwell on lost battles but on those ahead and although Loki did appreciate the killing of mortals for minor things, he had someone to confront. Someone who he found not too far away. It was clear that this was the impostor, even though Loki approached him from behind.
"Interesting display, back there," Loki said softly, his voice low even though he stood a few metres away.
"But I'm not here about that. You have made a mistake," A grin played upon his face and his teeth showed in a less than pleasant smile.
"I hear that you have been using my name."
Loki

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:04 am

The Trickster stopped walking and he turned to look back at his handy work. He was sure that this would grab the attention of someone and he let out a sigh. That was still the last thing that he wanted. He really didn’t want that to happen, but what’s done is done. Maybe the attention is what he needed in the first place. No, it wasn’t because if the angels found out he was alive again, they would swarm him and try to take him back to Heaven and that was something that the youngest archangel didn’t want at all. He left Heaven with no intention of going back at all.

He turned to start walking again when a voice piercing the evening had caught his attention. It wasn’t just the voice that had caught Gabriel’s attention; it was also the fact that the person wasn’t human. He sensed that the man was powerful, and yet he knew that the power still didn’t compare to that of an archangel. He was told that the display he had made was interesting. Gabriel turned his head slightly, still tilted down. He was then told that the man wasn’t here about that and that he had made a mistake. Gabriel let out a sarcastic chuckle.

Mistakes? I don’t make mistakes.” the youngest archangel said to the man that had called out to him.

It was the next statement that took The Trickster by surprise. He had been told that the man had heard he was using his name. The Trickster’s eyes narrowed and he turned around completely and was now facing the man. He was tall, much taller than the archangel himself. He had long raven black hair and piercing green eyes.

correction, was.” he stated to the real Loki. “I see you have finally decided to come to Earth for the first time. Heard about New York, wish I could have been there but sadly I was a bit…” Gabriel paused a moment and he then smirked. “MIA.” he finished, not mentioning that he was dead.

now tell me, what mistakes have I made?” Gabriel asked in a taunting and rude tone of voice.

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki on Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:52 am

As predicted, it was the comment about mistakes which grabbed the other's attention and Loki's head dipped slightly as he allowed him the satisfaction of having predicted the others moves.
"Well, it seems you are mistaken," Loki replied, coldly. "So you may want to reconsider." There was a hint of danger in his voice as he spoke and judged his opponent. This being had already proved to have skill in his murder of the thieves but that was only one thing and Loki suspected that there was more power to this being. Still, it was a mistake to take on the name of the god and he would deal with it.

Looking down at the shorter being, Loki showed no expression on his face - feeling very little. This was merely something that he had to do - for he could not allow his name to be used by another other being. It was a matter of integrity and if he had to admit it, he was feeling annoyed that his name had been taken by another. Still, nothing showed and he listened to what the other had to say. It was good to hear that he had stopped using Loki's name but that did not excuse the initial action. Hearing the mention of New York, expressions returned to Loki's face with a slight raise of the brows.

"Oh yes, New York. That was an interesting time. But don't feel left out. I don't think that Midgard will get away with too much peace," He said, his voice half amused and half dangerous. After all, Loki knew he wasn't the only one out there who would take action against these Midgardians. Besides, he was here. So whether the being wished to see the attack on Earth or Loki's actions, there would be plenty of opportunities.

Head turned to the side slightly in a curious and dangerous expression as the other inquired to what mistake had been made and Loki let out a short laugh.
"Your mistake has been to take my name and use it for yourself. I do not appreciate anyone taking actions under my name. And it is not wise to get on the wrong side of Loki." He could make life a living nightmare for others and he would if he had to. Even if his actions would take many years to carry out. The god had patience. He just wasn't as calm when it came to others 'stealing' his name.
Loki

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:23 am

The Trickster raised an eyebrow when he was told that he is mistaken and would want to reconsider. Gabriel hadn’t been spoken too like this since the Winchesters and his family and now that another pagan, not work a minute of his time, was doing it, it made the archangel quite furious. Unlike his siblings, Gabriel was able to control the anger. He was one of the first angels to experience emotions and he knew that he had a better time controlling it than his siblings did. He had embraced them while others fought against it. He never really had a problem with it. Back then, if father wanted him to have the emotions, then he would have them and learn about them, though that was easier said than done in all reality. Emotions were confusing and Gabriel was still puzzled by them and humanity even though he had been running around on Earth for over a millennium.

Though, Gabriel wasn’t in a good mood in general and since he wasn’t, he wasn’t completely against levelling this town just to prove a point to the pagan that stood in front of him. He was completely angry and overall he was completely depressed. He was brought back to life without a say, brought out of the darkness that he never really wanted to leave. There was nothing for angels after death. Monsters, other supernatural beings went to purgatory, but demons and angels? Nothing. Just darkness and it was rather peaceful. Gabriel didn’t have to witness the end of the apocalypse, or in his own words “Sunday dinner”, and he didn’t have to see the two brothers he loves destroy each other. It was like all of that was a lost time forgotten and now that he was back roaming the world again, it was like it all happened yesterday. Maybe he was here because he was oddly drawn to the town now. It had some significance to it since this was the last place he was before the pain of his brother killing him.

The pagan spoke again, saying that New York was an interesting time and he told Gabriel to not feel left out and that he doesn’t thing that Midgard will get away with too much peace. The youngest archangel just stared at him curiously. “what is that supposed to mean?” Gabriel asked him, and he then took another bite from the chocolate bar he was holding in his hand before he snapped his fingers and made it disappear. The pagan sounded like he was going to try to take over the world again. Gabriel just stared at him, a blank expression on his face. he didn’t want to show Loki what he was thinking.

He was then told that his mistake was that he took Loki’s name and used it for himself and that he didn’t appreciate it and that it wasn’t wise to get on his bad side. A roar of laughter came from the shorter man. Was Loki being serious? He reminded him of Lucifer, a bit.

Oh grow up!” Gabriel said, laughter and amusement was still audible in his voice. "Your childish anger or whatever this is reminds me of my brother... a bit." Gabriel paused. “If anything, I gave you a good reputation before you ruined it with New York.” Gabriel stated to him. “You’re known as the god who talked his way into a wonderful relationship with Kali and that chick, despite being a bitch, is all hands.” Gabriel stated, sort of stroking his own ego with that one. Kali did play hard to get, she always did. If anything that made other pagans admire Loki more.

oh, and your bad side is nothing compared to mine, so run home and cry to daddy Odin about your identity being stolen and stop complaining about it to me, because, frankly I just don’t care.” Gabriel stated to him. It was more of a test than anything. Gabriel wanted to see how powerful Loki really was and the Trickster figured that if he could rub the pagan the wrong way, then Gabriel would be able to see the extent of the true power that this pagan holds. The Trickster just took the name and used it. He didn’t care about who Loki really was, he just needed an identity on earth and Loki’s was it. It wasn’t like the pagan ever did anything about it hundreds of years ago.

Besides, if you were truly angry, you would have done something about it over a hundred years ago because I have used your name since I first came to Earth.” The Trickster stated in all honesty.

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki on Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:27 pm

There was no denying that this stranger interested the god who kept his watchful green gaze on the being. He could sense the power in the other and Loki was not one to risk his own neck. Calculated risks - those were the only risks that he would take. Everything had to be planned because if there was one thing that Loki prized above all other things, it was his own neck. So this was more than just confronting the thief of his own name but judging another stranger and taking in whether this was a possibly ally to use or a threat to consider eradicating. All in all, Loki felt like he would prefer getting his own back on the impostor but logically, the god did know that he needed an ally - he was short on those at the current moment.

At the question, Loki chuckled although there was no real amusement in his voice. Just merely a way to try and judge how the other being would react. After only a few seconds his chuckling stopped and he waited for a pause before finally answering, his face in a wicked grin.
"What do you want it to mean?" He questioned, green eyes sparkling as he spoke. There were so many possibilities from his previous statement and Loki was curious as to what this being might hope for. Besides, who was to say that every possible conclusion that could be drawn from his statement would not come true. Although arguably, he could probably make most of the outcomes happen if he wanted. A little influence here and there and it was a marvel to see what one could do with only that.

When the roar of laughter came from the impostor, no expression flickered across Loki's pale face and once again he became blank with no readable emotions, forced or otherwise. The god of mischief was instead focused on the words and anything he could glean from them. So this being had a brother. Interesting. Even when the other paused, Loki remained silent, waiting until he was sure that the being had finished. It seemed that he also knew about Odin being his 'father' (Mortals seemed to have managed to mix things up in that regard) but not the fact that Odin had adopted him, tried to use him. Then there was that little bit about him having used the name for a hundred years. As if that was a long time. It felt like no more than the passing of a day did to mortals, or so Loki imagined it would be, if one was to try and compare the passage of time among gods to their creations.

"Who says I need someone else to win me a good reputation?" Loki asked, the smile returning to his otherwise blank face as he walked forwards.
"And I certainly do not require anyone to assume that I'm in a relationship with anyone else," The mortals had already said quiet a lot on the topic of who he had been with and so on. There was no way he needed there to be any excuse why another should be added to that list. He stopped moving forwards, the gap between himself and the other now shortened but still there. There was a pause as his green eyes scanned over this being, considering the words about how his bad side was worse than Loki's own. How far could he afford to push things and how far could the other afford as well?

Sensing the challenge that had been in the words, Loki chose not to rise to it and instead would combat words with words.
"If you desire to keep believing that is the case, then keep your eyes covered." Loki said, his gaze still not leaving his opponent.
"As for the time, what is a few hundred years but a blink of an eye? I have had more important things to do than run after impostors who can't face using their own names and so, like a coward, have to hide behind someone else's." He was not angry at this thief, simply annoyed. Anger was such a strong word to toss about. Still, he did suppose that one could say that he was testing whether he could anger this being. His words were certainly not roses or designed to keep a pleasant atmosphere.
Loki

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:01 pm

The Trickster rolled his eyes at the next question that Loki asked him. He wasn’t in the mood for mind games, well ones that were being played on him anyway. The Trickster narrowed his eyes as he stood there in silence, not answering the pagan god’s question. If he was going to do what the youngest archangel thought he was going to do, then Gabriel would fight against him and that was something that Loki would not want. There were very few things that could kill an archangel and that was in the possession of the angel, being the blade that they carry, or in heaven. Nothing made on earth could do any harm to the angel. Sure, being doused holy oil and lit on fire could seriously hurt him, but it would be nothing that he wouldn’t be able to walk away from.

Loki had started talking again, and Gabriel shrugged. “good point.” The Trickster said, not really arguing with that. He then went on and talked about the relationship and the Trickster just stood there. “oh, you aren’t anymore, I dumped her sorry ass. She tried to kill me, but alas she failed.” The Trickster corrected him.

There was a smaller gap in between him and Loki now. The youngest archangel looked up at the taller man and he waited for him to do something, say something but nothing happened. This god was really keeping a cool on things. It was more so than Gabriel was anyway. It was just an angel’s nature to be wrathful and if they were insulted then they got angry. Gabriel still resorted to his old ways, the old ways of the angels, but he was still able to control it more than his siblings, the worse being Raphael. Raphael is the third oldest archangel and had the wickedest temper. It was kind of ironic since Raphael was known as the healer of sorts. Maybe it was just because Gabriel and Raphael didn’t get along well at all that Gabriel had always seen Raphael’s horrible side. Gabriel always provoked it though. At least he was always welcomed to hide behind Lucifer and let his older brother and God’s favorite, take care of Raphael.  Lucifer never minded it at all. Why? Well because Gabriel was Lucifer’s favorite.

Loki talked on and what had made the archangel relax a bit was when he was called a coward. Sure, he looked relaxed but Gabriel was far from that. “coward, sure. You would do the same thing if you were me and had my family.” Gabriel paused a moment. There was no hint of fooling around, joking around or anything of the sort in his voice. It was all seriousness and cold. “at least you were adopted. I don’t get the pleasure of saying that.” Gabriel finished. He would love to say that he was adopted into his family. He was far different from Michael, the archangel who was all about gods word, Lucifer, the Devil, and Raphael, the ill-tempered archangel. The other angels? Well Gabriel described them as mindless drones that did as they asked and didn’t ask questions. The only angel that came remotely close to Gabriel, emotion wise was Castiel. There was also Balthazar, but Balthazar went to extremes all the time.

"I'm not going to apologize for taking your name, which you can have back by the way, so if thats why you are here then good luck, and if you want me to tell you my life story that isn't going to happen either." Gabriel stated and then said "I am trying to prevent being noticed... in a way. If the Winchesters caught on that I am back, then either I become one of their flying monkeys like Cas or SHIELD will order them to kill me because I wont side with them, and no one has time for that."

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki on Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:07 am

Smirking at the silence that was offered in return for his question, Loki simply enjoyed the fact that the other would not respond for some reason - it was always amusing when someone had been backed into that position (unless it was himself, of course). The thing about making the other not answer was satisfying because, in a way, it showed that they had given up that part of the argument; they couldn't answer, whether for some moral reason or the answer was unknown. In this case, the god suspected that it was likely to be some moral code. Maybe the shorter being didn't want to get involved in such games? It didn't matter. Loki had out maneuvered the other, the topic would now be left.

Hearing that Kali had tried to kill the other was slightly pleasing to hear. This being had stolen his name and so he deserved punishment. The only shame was that Kali hadn't actually succeed and instead this being still lived on.
"Sounds like a deserving end to such a relationship." Loki answered instead, still slightly attempting to provoke the other although his actions were now more mischievous than attempting to get into a fight.

It was never too good an idea to try and unravel Loki's thoughts, there was too much of Chaos within him and sometimes it would seem as if he could change at the flick of a switch. However, despite this, as a trickster and one of the more cunning of those who he had been raised with, Loki usually did have a plan behind everything - an idea of how he wanted things to go. Loosing was not in Loki's nature although he was prepared to sometimes take the fall if it was simply a path towards  his own victory.

It seemed that Loki was not the only one to have family issues and he raised an eyebrow at the other's words. However, his expression changed however when the other spoke about how Loki got to chose his family. In fact, his brows then pulled down in a frown.
"I wouldn't say there's any pleasure claiming that you are adopted." Loki said, his voice low again. He did not like reminders of any part of his family, adopted or otherwise. Loki just preferred to ignore the whole family issue that surrounded him.
"So don't assume that I would be a coward in your situation." He added, a hint of danger in his voice. There was no denying that having been raised in Asgard did have some influence on Loki - their way was not of fear. Like the people that had first worshiped them, they were not meant to be cowards.

Then the other spoke again and Loki found himself considering these words with some joy. So he had found another who didn't like SHIELD. The only downfall was that this being was trying to avoid attention when Loki more often than not welcomed it. Of course, he was trying to keep a low profile as well (Mainly keeping up the illusion that he hadn't left his cell) but if he could get this other to join in with a bit of mischief revenge (or preliminary action as it would be for the other)...
"Sounds like you're not a fan of SHIELD," Loki said with a smirk.
Loki

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:17 pm

The Trickster stared at the raven haired man and it was just a small bit of silence. The pagan was just smirking and The Trickster didn’t like the looks of it. He didn’t show it on his face but he knew that this pagan posed a threat to what the youngest archangel died for and he wouldn’t let anything happen to humanity. Sure, it was all sort of ironic in the end that the one who ran away from his duties would eventually live up to them anyway. Lucifer might have gotten a kick out of this if he saw what was going on in his younger brother’s mind. Lucifer would call it the same stupid mistake. The Trickster let out a small sigh and he just watched Loki closely. He knew that Loki had no idea who he really is and the Trickster wouldn’t have to worry about dying because he could guarantee that Loki knew nothing about the angels if he had been in Asgard for as long as he has.

Loki had broken the silence telling him that sounded like a deserving end to such a relationship. The Trickster shook his head. “she didn’t try to kill me because we broke up. She tried to kill me because of what I am and who my family is and what was going on at the time.” The Trickster stated with a small smirk. He wondered if that would raise some questions. He also knew that if he ended up revealing who he really is at the end of the conversation, then he would have to be really careful. He wondered how hilarious it would be if Gabriel revealed the six wings and his true nature if the pagan would be terrified. He knew that others would be.

No pleasure in claiming you are adopted? That was false in Gabriel’s mind. He would love to say he isn’t actually related to is siblings at all. They were horrible at times and Gabriel didn’t like dealing with them. He then said to not assume that he would be a coward in Gabriel’s situation. “Then you are a damn fool, if you claim to not be afraid of my family.” He simply responded. It was all honesty. Gabriel was terrified of his older brothers. He always had been, even though he was close to Lucifer. In the end, Gabriel ran and hid so that they wouldn’t kill him or worse for not picking sides in his brother’s temper tantrum. Gabriel couldn’t do that. There was no way that he could pick sides at all. He loved his brothers too much to do that.

Loki had directed the conversation to SHIELD. Gabriel just shrugged at that. He was impartial to them. He would love to see what he had to do to get their attention and how fun it would be to watch them run in circles looking for him but he knew that he didn’t exactly hate them. “impartial to them. How scary and powerful are guys in suits and ties?” Gabriel paused. “They aren’t something I want to get involved with at all.

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki on Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:28 am

This was a lot more interesting than what would have happened if he had stayed in his prison cell and Loki was pleased that things had turned out this way. Confrontation and a game of words made a good time in the god's mind. Fortunately for him those two things always seemed to come in hand, talking one's way into trouble and then talking one's way out. Confrontation wasn't all hammer and thunder as Thor liked to portray it. The finer art of talking and cunning was what Loki reveled in.

Amusement played upon the face of the dark haired god as the other explained more about how the relationship had ended.
"Even better," He said, his eyes alight with harsh mischief.
"If you had simply chosen to keep to your true identity you wouldn't have had to deal with the relationship and it's end." He said. After all, this other wouldn't have been able to get into that situation in the first place.
"It seems that the Norns had already weaved your punishment." The smirk still featured on Loki's face as his green eyes remained fixed on the other, allowing none of his most inner thoughts to be shown.

The mention of the other's family did not escape Loki's notice but he did not question about them yet. Nor did he question about what this other was. Instead the god relied much more on his own powers to find out answers. Magic coursed through his blood and he would use this to subtly figure out the other. Already Loki was aware of the power that this being held. Certainly enough for the other to prove to be a rival. But Loki's own sharp mind was a great advantage. He wasn't the God of Mischief and Lies for nothing.

A soft laughter filled Loki again when he was informed that he was a fool for not being afraid of the other's family.
"Then what does that make you? You who hid under another's name and almost got killed for it?" He asked, as he started to circle the other. To do this he briefly broke eye contact and he only took a few steps before looking up to once more meet the other's gaze. Staying static did not suit the being who was also known as the god of Chaos. There was a slight pause and then Loki reversed his steps, circling the other way until he was slightly to the side of his original position but still in front of this other.
"I would not make such a mistake."

Moving the conversation towards SHIELD, Loki wondered whether he could gain a potential ally from this - even if he was attempting to prod and annoy the other. That was all just a bit of fun (and tying up the business of his name being stolen) and Loki's idea of fun could be rather extreme. Listening to the being speak, Loki's head was slightly cocked, pleasant interest mixed in with his more sinister grin.
"It's a group of mortals. They are neither powerful nor are they scary but they do have a habit of trying to get involved with things. And others beings - no matter what your stance on things is," Loki said, taking up his moving again, only this time walking so he would be behind the other if the being refused to turn.
"You only have to wait and see."
Loki

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:04 pm

The Trickster stood there staring at the pagan god. Good lord was he extremely annoying. He could tell that he was amused with everything which just made Gabriel have to deal with more and more anger. He was really going to be a ticking time bomb about to explode and when he did, he would level the town and destroy everything in his path. He knew that he could always rebuild it with the snap of his fingers, but he also knew that it would be a long shot because he would probably not cool down in time. There are certain things that people don’t do when they are talking to someone much powerful than they are and pushing buttons, making them angry is one of them. That didn’t seem to get through the raven haired man’s head.

He had told Gabriel that it was even better, and that if he kept his true identity he wouldn’t have to deal with the relationship and its end. He truly did not understand the story and obviously didn’t know Kali. Gabriel didn’t even know how to get it through his thick skull either. “nope. I am perfectly fine with all of that.” He simply responded. He would much rather face Kali’s wrath rather than his siblings. he knew that he could at least survive Kali’s and not so much his brothers.

Loki had asked what it made him, to hide under Loki’s name and almost get killed for it. Gabriel shook his head. “It wasn’t your name that almost got me killed.” Gabriel paused. He was about to say something but didn’t. he was going to tell the other that he was killed but that was because he was fighting against his brother. His brother thought he had betrayed him once again and even though Gabriel wasn’t going to do anything to Lucifer, Lucifer thought killing him was the only thing that he could do. It pained him. Gabriel saw nothing but anger in his brother’s eyes as his brother held him up before completely turning the blade which killed him.

Loki began to talk about SHIELD and told him that they aren’t powerful or scary but they had a habit of getting involved with things. He then told him that no matter what their stance is on things and he then paused and started walking around Gabriel. The archangel was close to extending his lower wing to trip him and watch the pagan fall. That would have been the highlight of his night. He didn’t though, knowing that it would be another reason as to how he could be discovered. The Trickster then heard him say that he would have to wait and see.

if you are talking about them trying to kill me, that won’t happen.” The Trickster responded. “see I have something that you don’t have.” He added with a smirk on his face.

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki on Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:59 am

He could tell he was getting to the other. It wasn't difficult for Loki to manage that if he wanted. Too often it seemed to be a habit of the god to try and provoke others. Of course, generally, Loki got off scotch free (possibly with some strict words if the whole incident had been traced back to him). It was a dangerous business but Loki had plenty of practice and knew many precautions to set in place to keep his own neck safe. There was never any point in allowing harm to come to himself just because he wanted to try and press a few buttons.

As the other said that he was perfectly fine with the way the whole thing went, Loki raised his eyebrows slightly as if to say 'really'. Maybe it would have been a good thing of Kali had killed this other or maybe it wouldn't. After all, if he could manipulate this being into doing something for his own gain, that would certainly be a bonus. Maybe enough to make him forget the theft of his name and stop trying to see how quickly he could make the other's fuse shorten.

Looking carefully at the other as he spoke, green eyes flickered over the being, taking in the pause. It seemed that he had been about to say something more but had stopped. This almost caused Loki to frown but he prevented this action because he didn't want to let the other know - it was better to let things play out. If the words had almost naturally followed, that suggested that they were simply waiting to be spoken and only a small thing was holding them back.
"Believe what you like," Loki said, submissively. "You took on my name, founded a relationship on that and then was almost killed when the other found out the truth." He said, with a slight wave of his hand as if dismissing the topic. To Loki, it was not discernible that because his name had been used, the relationship had ended. The Norns wove the future and some people just fell on hard luck when it came to their actions. Loki knew this first hand.

The topic of SHIELD was not as easy to work with, especially as this was one where Loki desired a more active result but he wasn't going to give up.
"I'm not talking about killing but being a nuisance." Loki said, knowing full well that the concept of SHIELD being able to kill either of them was laughable. He was a god and this being had enough power to rival him. Unfortunately, the mortals were capable of being a bit of a bother when it came to trying to improve the earth by subjugating it's people. The only thing that bothered Loki was that this being said he had something Loki didn't have - and it better not be conviction. He had already faced that one. But he didn't like the idea that he might be missing something that was of use. Part of him wanted to openly question what this was but he kept this locked up. He controlled the conversation. Not the other way.
Loki

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:46 pm

The Trickster just wanted to stop, to leave. He didn’t need people below him telling him what he already knew. It hurt him though; he would admit that but not out loud. Everything was true, and the last time he had heard any of this was from his brother and the Winchesters. He looked at the pagan god who raised an eyebrow at him and he looked at him in a way that no one would forget. It was a way that sort of read off that she couldn’t even do it if she tried to. It was true. She would only be able to kill him with his own blade and the youngest archangel kept that hidden from everyone. The one she had tried to kill him was one made from a can of Orange Splice which he had altered reality to look like it.

The Trickster watched as he looked at him closely. He was expecting more from that statement but the youngest archangel wasn’t going to give it to him, yet. He wanted to see how many hoops this pagan would jump through before he learned who he was talking to, before Gabriel had told him what he is, who he really is.

Loki had then told him to believe what he liked, and then continued to say that he took his name and founded a relationship on that and was almost killed when the other found the truth. “yup sounds about right.” The youngest archangel replied to him a small smirk appeared on his face.

Loki talked about how SHIELD was a nuisance and Gabriel shrugged. “[color=#70a3b3that may be the case for you but since it appears that they have recruited old acquaintances of mine, they will probably want to kill me.[/color]” The youngest archangel replied to him folding his arms across his chest. “well be in shock first then try and kill me.” Gabriel added. He almost wanted that to happen. The youngest archangel wouldn’t mind if he was reunited with death, well not with Death the horseman, but being in death. He watched Loki wondering if he was going to say something but he knew that it probably wouldn’t happen. "you want to know what that is, I can see it in your face." Gabriel then said to the pagan.

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki on Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:04 am

There was nothing as joyful as manipulating others and using words to get under their skin. It was something that Loki had always enjoyed and even now, he had not given up on these hobbies. There was something to be said for the thrill that ran through him. Pushing the buttons of others, it just was so amusing to watch their reactions. Which was why he kept at it with this other, willing to see how far he could go but being just cautious enough to make sure that he didn't loose an potential ally.

The other did not expand on the whole almost being killed, even though Loki sensed they had more to say about the whole situation. It was a shame but not something that he would press. Yet. Green eyes narrowed as he watched the other. Already he had figured out that this being was powerful - probably as immortal as Loki was. He had heard tales of other beliefs, other beings who made up the tales of mortals. Could it be that he was one of those?

The other agreed with Loki's summary of the relationship, Loki gave a smirk. It did seem that the Norns had taken some action then. It would never do any good to steal the name of the god of mischief. Besides, Loki reckoned that by now there would be quiet a few who would want him dead or punished. It wasn't like it would be safe for anyone who wanted to hide under his identity.

The talk moved onto SHIELD and Loki listened, careful to pick up each bit of information that he could. Old acquaintances... interesting. The god was aware of the increase of humans working for SHIELD but he had not been aware that those with ties to this being had also been recruited into the lot. Then there was the fact that they would be in shock. Yes, this definitely pointed towards the other being another being from what the mortals thought were stories... myths.
"Then why don't you take the first action?" Loki asked, a crooked smile on his lips. He didn't develop the point but let it hang. Whether he could convince this being of taking action or not, the best way was to leave it open.

As the other said he could see that Loki wanted to know what it was that he didn't have that the other possessed, his green eyes sparked with sinister intent at being found out before he blinked it away and mischief instead twinkled.
"We each have our differences," He shrugged in a noncommittal way.
"After all, I am the one who is cunning enough to not nearly get killed while hiding, although I must admit it does take some skill to almost loose your life while trying to conserve it." He smirked.
Loki

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:52 pm

The Trickster thought about it. He wanted to see the look on the Winchester’s faces when they saw that he was alive again. He knew that they would be completely surprised as well and maybe they wouldn’t want to kill him. After all, he did die to save them and then gave them a porno that had him telling them how to lock his older brother up in the cage again. They succeeded which surprised the Trickster on a few levels but on others not so much. He did have faith in them and it showed that his faith was not wasted at all.

The Trickster looked over at Loki when he asked him why doesn’t he take the first action. Gabriel’s eyes narrowed. “now, why would I do that?” The youngest archangel asked out of curiousity. “Why would I attack the very beings I protected in the first place?” The Trickster asked him. he was protective over the humans. After all, he did die for them.

The Trickster then raised an eyebrow when Loki started talking more. He told Gabriel they all have their differences, blah, blah, blah and he then said that he is cunning enough to not get nearly killed in hiding and that it took skill to almost lose your life while trying to conserve it. “that’s putting it very  lightly. I didn’t just almost lose my life, I actually did.” The Trickster said to him and he then said “I guess daddy had a special place in his heart for the youngest of the four.

It was then a devilish smirk appeared on his face. It was a smirk that the youngest archangel used to get when he would prank one of his brothers, mostly Raphael. It resembled one similar to his older brother, Lucifer. “at least I can level a city when I want to, in fact at least I can take over a whole other world when I want to and all I have to do is reveal who I really am.” The youngest archangel taunted, mocking Loki about New York City and his failure. “I can change reality with the snap of my fingers.

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki on Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:04 am

No expression passed over Loki's face as the other questioned Loki's suggestion. He took in the fact that this being protected humans - despite having killed some. So not the same protecting that others foolishly believed in; trying to save everyone, even from themselves. Well, that wasn't too bad although Loki wouldn't change his opinion of the mortals. They were below him and it did not matter whether they lived or died. It was glorious to die in battle for the mortals. Or so they had once believed when they had worshiped them. Still, he could make use of this situation and his lips twisted into a grin of amusement. Nothing was lost in this game. Not yet.

"Who said attack?" Loki asked, his voice smooth as silk as he worked on the situation. He was a master at weaving words and that wasn't going to stop any time soon. Words made great weapons as long as they had the right mind to shape them, to craft them into pointed darts or a noose to pull someone along.
"The first action could simply be a harmless trick if you can't manage the more dramatic stuff. Surely if you hid under my name you should at least be partial to a bit of mischief," Carefully weaving his words, Loki watched the other with wary amusement as he waited to see how he would react.

Loki himself had to be subtle in anything he did - he was still meant to be in prison and he intended to maintain that appearance. Playing the good prisoner could bring benefits and he may even try to orchestrate some of those... His thoughts were shattered as the other revealed that he had actually died and been brought back by his father. And the fact that he had three siblings. A father with the power to turn the dead back to life. That was quiet a power and one only granted to a few. Very interesting.
"The point still stands; I don't loose my life while trying to save it and I don't need the help of others." He replied calmly, his voice still slightly dangerous as he spoke, seeing how far he could push.

The other spoke again, this time making a jibe against Loki but the god focused on what the being was giving away. Reveal who he actual was - this sounded like the being walked along a similar path of being from something man now considered tales. Evidently something that would have more sway if his mere name would bring mortals to him. Loki's eyes narrowed slightly. Could it be... He blinked away any expression that might be read in his eyes and they were replaced with the usual eyes, alight with some plan despite the insult.
"Then why haven't you? You claim to protect people yet they murder each other in droves. The slaughter that goes on amongst them due to not having one leader. Is this kindness? To stand aside and let the deaths build up? Or is it weakness?" A taunt back and a wicked grin as well, Loki continued to test out this other being.
Loki

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:28 pm

The pagan god was really getting on the youngest archangel’s nerves. He told him that the first action was a harmless trick if he couldn’t manage the more dramatic stuff. Oh how little he really knew. “oh a bit of mischief is quite the understatement.” The Trickster replied to him. it really was if one thought about it long enough. He looked up at Loki. “see, you do it for no reason. There are always reasons behind my actions. I teach lessons, lessons that need to be learned.” The Trickster responded to Loki.

The next thing Loki said made the Trickster smile. Maybe he would change his mind after this little encounter. The thing he said about the help from others got to him more though. His father wasn’t just some other person. He was the one that created him, created this planet, the leviathans, everything. The Trickster was just brought back because he figured God didn’t like seeing him dead. He never asked for it in the first place. “I never asked for his help. Death was a sweet release. No more fighting, no more trying to stop my siblings from tearing each other apart. No, not that at all. Just me, darkness and peace.” the youngest archangel replied to him in a rude tone of voice.

There was more anger in his eyes. This was why he never really liked talking to pagans. They all thought the same. Maybe it was just because Gabriel was so high up on the pole that he actually understood bits and pieces of his father’s plan. “see, you don’t understand it, do you? What they do, it’s all part of something bigger. That’s what my brothers fail to see. It isn’t weakness. It’s far from that. Their flaws are what makes them perfect. That was something else my older brother didn’t understand.” The Trickster stated to him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki on Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:27 pm

Grinning at the other's words, Loki watched the progression of the situation. It was refreshing to hear that this man was more than a little mischievous. Just what he needed. The next bit was a bit of a disappointment. Needing reason. Chaos was much more Loki's tune and he wondered how he could mold this situation to one that would give him the advantage.
"And doesn't SHIELD need to know not to pry into the actions and lives of others?" Loki asked, using his more persuasive voice, his tone becoming silken. He could manage that with ease. Tricking, lying, manipulating, it was the air that he breathed, his life blood and it came as natural to him as seeing did.

Listening to the words abut death, Loki simply shrugged. His own 'death' had lead to darkness but it wasn't pleasant. His work with the Other and Thanos had been anything but. Although the bonus had been great; attacking Midgard, mind control, dropping his brother out of the sky, annoying the mortals, getting the attention of the Allfather. But he hadn't been dead. Simply missing from the nine realms, surviving what was supposed to be his death by using his own wit and skill.
"If you enjoy death so much, why don't you ask for it to be returned to you. Or search it out?" Loki questioned, still feeling some maliciousness from the fact that this man had stolen his name. It was worth trying to get in all the jibes he could.

"So it's kinder to let the mortals continue with their mistakes which will lead to something greater?" He asked, rhetorically.
"Not only this but their murder and disrespect is actually part of a great plan? Their lack of motivation to actually help each other which has left the world so divided between rich and poor? Mhm..." Loki said, pretending to think on the subject as he shot the other being a scathing look.
Loki

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum